Are you over 50? Save on your travel cover with Apia coupon codes and discounts
Choosing the right travel insurance policy should always be high on your travel planning checklist. If you’re over 50, Apia might just be that policy. Apia is a specialist insurer that offers policies for customers aged 50 years and over, including four travel insurance products.
Show code & visit siteYO****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
What policies are available from Apia?
Apia offers four travel insurance policies, ranging from comprehensive to baggage-only cover.
This is Apia’s top-flight option which includes cover for:
- Unlimited cover for cancellation charges
- Luggage and travel documents
- Unlimited medical expenses overseas
- Accidental death
- Emergency expenses
- Loss of cash, travellers cheques and bank cards
This plan covers:
- Accidental loss, damage or theft of luggage
Available for travel in Australia only, this plan covers:
- Non-refundable portions of pre-paid airfare, accommodation and related travel charges
Cancellation and baggage
This option is only available for travel in Australia. It provides cover for:
- Cancellation fees
- Accidental loss, theft or damage of luggage
The benefits and drawbacks of travel insurance from Apia
Before purchasing a policy, here are a few pros and cons to consider.
- Underwritten by Allianz Australia
- Available on single and family plans
- Ability to apply over the phone
- Ability to get a quote and make a claim online
- 24/7 worldwide emergency assistance
- Ability to resume an interrupted trip
- Able to extend policy if needed
- No cover for pre-existing conditions without additional premium
- Only one comprehensive policy
How do I apply for Apia travel insurance?
- Study the policy. Apia only offers one comprehensive policy, so make sure that it’s suited to your trip’s requirements before agreeing to purchase it.
- Get a quote. You can get a quote online or by phone.
- Read up on what’s covered. Become familiar with the wording and fully understand your policy.
- Read up on optional extras. If your holiday requires additional cover, check to see whether this provider offers the extra options you need.
How do I make a claim with Apia?
Here’s how to start the claims process:
- Minimise the damage. You must keep the cost of damage to a minimum and refrain from admitting liability.
- Give immediate notice. In the case of a crime, contact the police immediately. Otherwise, get in touch with Allianz as quickly as possible to start the claims process. You’ll have to provide full written details of the damage and make the damaged property available for inspection.
- Provide documentation. The more complete your submission, the faster Allianz will be able to process your claim. Be sure to include police reports, medical reports, proof of ownership, receipts and other documents that would help expedite the process.
FAQs about Apia
Below are a few frequently asked questions. Question: How are my premiums calculated?
- Answer: The higher your risk profile, the higher your premiums. Other factors also include the duration of your trip, your destination and pre-existing medical conditions.
Question: When does my insurance start?
- Answer: Your travel insurance cover takes effect on the day your travels start and ends when you return to Australia. The cover for cancellation fees starts on the date of issue on your certificate.
Question: Are my pre-existing medical conditions covered?
- Answer: You have to apply to have pre-existing medical conditions covered by the terms of your insurance contract. An additional premium applies.
Question: What is optional excess?
- Answer: If you’d like to reduce your premium, you can choose to be liable for a higher excess.
Question: How will be my claim be paid?
- Answer: No matter where you are at the time of filing the claim, you will be compensated in Australian dollars.
Question: Can I cancel my Apia policy if I’m not happy with it?
- Answer: You can cancel your policy at any time. You’ll receive a full refund (minus administration fees) as long as you haven’t started your journey or filed a claim.
Question: Who underwrite travel insurance policies from Apia?
- Answer: Apia Travel Insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Company Limited.