Cut your travel insurance costs by using ANZ travel insurance coupons.
ANZ is one of the largest banking groups in Australia, with a range of financial and insurance products. ANZ Travel Insurance can protect you in the event of an unforeseen event.
Not only can ANZ Travel Insurance protect you while you're on holiday, it can also save you money. Check out how much you can save by using ANZ Travel Insurance coupon codes and other promotions.
Interested in other travel insurance discounts?
Popular Travel Insurance Deals - Coupons coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|5 Feb 2019||Get 5% off all Tick travel insurance policies||fin****|
|5 Feb 2019||10% off travel insurance||Off****|
|5 Feb 2019||15% off travel insurance + chance to win $10,000||SAV****|
|5 Feb 2019||Get 5% off travel insurance with Fast Cover||COU****|
|5 Feb 2019||Save 10% off travel insurance||ADV****|
|5 Feb 2019||15% off travel insurance + chance to win $1000 gift card||********|
What policies are available from ANZ travel insurance?
ANZ offers customers two travel insurance policies. You can apply for a single option for yourself and accompanying children, or a doubles option for yourself, your travelling partner and accompanying children.
International Travel Plan
This policy is recommended for international travel and is available to Australian residents eligible for a Medicare card. Residents over 70 are not automatically covered and must submit to a medical appraisal test. If granted, this policy provides the following benefits:
- Unlimited cover for cancellations, lost deposits, emergency travel arrangements and accommodation
- Unlimited medical and dental expenses
- Unlimited medical and non-medical evacuation and repatriation
- Hospital compensation and accommodation
- Travel delays, missed connection and resuming a trip
- Unlimited cover in the case of hijacking
- Luggage and personal effects
- Death, permanent disability and funeral expenses
- Personal liability up to $3 million
- Legal expenses
Australian Travel Plan
This policy is suited to travel within Australia. It offers no medical or dental cover since you’ll be filing claims for those emergencies through your private health insurance. This policy covers you for the following:
- Evacuation and repatriation
- Cancellation and additional expenses
- Travel delays and missed connections
- Rental vehicle expenses
- Luggage and personal effects
- Accidental death
- Personal liability
Pros and cons of ANZ travel insurance
- Underwritten by QBE Insurance with assistance from QBE Assist
- Two comprehensive policies for local and international travel
- Quotes available online
- Apply online or by telephone
- 24/7 support from QBE Assist
- Resume an interrupted trip on the International Travel Plan
- Extend policy if needed
- Claim via telephone or email
- Some pre-existing medical conditions are not covered
- If you’re over 70, you’ll need to undergo a medical test prior to the issue of insurance
How do I apply for ANZ travel insurance?
You can apply for ANZ travel insurance online or via the telephone.
- Compare policies. Factors such as your destination, the duration of your trip and your travel party will help decide which policy is the best for you.
- Get a quote online. Enter your personal and travel details for an idea of what you’ll be paying in premiums.
- Read up on each policy on offer. Learn about which policy covers what and whether every aspect of your holiday (activities, stopovers, extreme sports) will be covered in the case of an unforeseen event.
- Additional cover. If you need additional cover for activities, pre-existing medical conditions or valuable items, make sure that your policy offers the optional extras you need.
How do I make a claim with ANZ?
Claims are settled within 10 days of QBE receiving your claims form and the required information. Here’s how to get the ball rolling:
- Give immediate notice. Get in touch with QBE as soon as possible to report the incident and file a claim. The longer you wait, the more likely you are to receive a lesser benefit than if you had submitted your claim in a timely fashion.
- Supply all necessary documentation. Besides your claims form and Certificate of Insurance, you will also need to produce police reports, medical reports, receipts and proof of ownership.
- Duty of disclosure. It’s important to be honest. If your information is found to be false or incomplete, any claims will be rejected and your policy cancelled.
ANZ travel insurance FAQs
Q. Can I apply online?
- A. Yes. You can get a quote and then apply online via the ANZ website. You can also apply by telephone or in person at an ANZ branch.
Q. How will ANZ decide whether or not I’m eligible?
- A. To be eligible for ANZ travel insurance, you must be an Australian resident with a Medicare card, be in Australia when the Certificate of Insurance is issued, return to Australia at the end of your trip and apply for the policy before you leave (no earlier than 12 months).
Q. Are my pre-existing medical conditions covered?
- A. Some medical conditions are automatically covered. If you find that your illness is not covered by the contract, you must fill in a traveller’s appraisal form and submit it with your application. If granted, provision for your condition will be noted on your Certificate of Insurance.
Q. How much will I get back for stolen or lost items?
- A. That depends on the item and how long you’ve owned it. A depreciation rate applies when replacing or reimbursing the cost of an item. For example, a 15% depreciation rate applies for clothing. So if you paid $500 for a lost jacket and owned it for two years, you will receive $350 from your travel insurance.
Q. What do I do if I have a complaint?
- A. Your first course of action is to speak directly to ANZ’s customer care unit. If you’re still not satisfied, you can escalate your complaint to a dispute resolution specialist. You can also take your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
Q. Who is ANZ underwritten by?
- A. ANZ’s travel insurance products are underwritten by QBE Insurance Australia Limited. In the event of an emergency, you will be assisted by QBE Assist.
Q. Can I cancel my ANZ policy if I’m not happy with it?
- A. You are entitled to a cooling-off period of 21 days during which you can cancel the policy. You will receive a full refund if you haven’t yet started your trip or filed a claim.