Discover the ANZ Rewards Visa credit card and how to earn a variety of rewards for simply spending on your card.
Find out all you need to know about the Rewards Visa program and how easy it is to locate the perfect reward via the ANZ Rewards Visa website.
For $80 p.a. the ANZ Rewards Visa credit card allows you to earn reward points which you can then redeem for a huge choice of rewards, including shopping vouchers and gift cards, merchandise and gifts, frequent flyer points, travel and accommodation, and entertainment.
If you are not an ANZ Rewards Visa cardholder already but would like to become one, you can apply online for a card here, or you can pick up an application form at any branch of ANZ Bank.
|Product Name||ANZ Rewards Credit Card|
|Rewards Program||ANZ Rewards Program|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||18.79% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$80 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$80 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of cash advance amount or a minimum of $4.00|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of cash advance amount or a minimum of $4.00|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$65|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- Receive 25,000 bonus ANZ Reward Points when you make an eligible purchase in the first 3 months from card approval.
- It only gives you up to 44 interest-free days on purchases as opposed to other cards that offer up to 55 days.
|Rewards Program||ANZ Rewards Program|
|Bonus Points||25,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
ANZ Rewards Visa - Rewards program features
- Earn 1 Reward Point per $1 spent up to $1,000, then 0.5 Reward Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $1,000 per statement period.
- Earn Bonus reward points at a range of Bonus Partner outlets.
- Choose from a wide range of rewards: shopping vouchers and gift cards; merchandise and gifts; frequent flyer points; travel and accommodation; and entertainment
- Add up to 3 additional cardholders to your account for $65 per card. Purchases by additional cardholders also earn reward points that are credited to the account holder.
- Visa Entertainment provides you with access to special events, exclusive merchandise and home entertainment products.
Variable points plus pay
This option allows you to claim a reward before you have earned sufficient points to match it. Variable Points Plus Pay lets you decide how many reward points to redeem (a minimum of 2,000 in increments of 5) and then pay for the rest of the reward (a minimum $5) using your ANZ Rewards Visa credit card. This lets you get your hands on rewards earlier than you might have thought, and means you are not under pressure to build up your points by spending unnecessarily.
When you're ready to redeem your ANZ Rewards Visa points, you can choose from shopping vouchers, gift cards, merchandise and gifts, frequent flyer points, travel and accommodation, entertainment offers, and much more. Shopping vouchers and gifts cards are available in denominations of $20, $50 and $100 to exchange at some of Australia's leading retailers, and you can decide how you redeem your reward points - either via an auto-redemption or a manual option. With auto-redemption, you have three choices:
- Annual Auto-Redemption (once a year)
- Periodic Auto-Redemption (every 3, 6 or 12 months)
- Reward Value Auto-Redemption (whenever your Reward Points accumulate to the reward value of your choice)
The manual option allows you to save up for longer so that you can choose to redeem when it suits you.
Redeeming your points online
To redeem your rewards points you will first need to be registered at the ANZ Reward website, anzrewards.com. After that, you just need to follow a few simple steps:
- Log on using your email address and password.
- Find out how many reward points you have earned by checking your balance displayed above the page.
- Click on the "Your Rewards" tab, then search for a reward that you want to redeem for by either selecting one of the categories shown on the left hand side, or searching by the number of rewards points you have.
- Click on a reward that looks interesting to find out more about it, and view the reward points required or the Variable Points Plus Pay options.
- Click on "Redeem Now" to make your redemption request and start the process.
- Wait up to 28 days for delivery of your reward.
ANZ visa rewards categories
Rewards on the ANZ Rewards website are listed in the following categories. Without going into too much detail, this should give you an excellent idea of the sheer range of rewards on offer. There's no reason why anyone should ever feel they don't have something to choose that suits their tastes.
- ANZ Holiday Rewards
- Car Rental
- Children's Products
- Financial Services
- Food & Wine
- Frequent Flyer
- Gifts & Accessories
- Health & Fitness
- Home Entertainment
- Hot Offers
- Magazine Subscriptions
- Shopping Vouchers
ANZ holiday rewards
Travel is one of the most popular choices in any rewards program, and the ANZ Rewards Visa program has plenty to offer in this area.
As an ANZ Visa Rewards cardholder you have exclusive access to the ANZ Holiday Rewards travel service. This is where you can redeem your reward points towards your travel arrangements, including flights, hotels, tours, cruises, transfers and meals, theme park tickets and car hire. You don't even have to be the one travelling; you can use your points to book for other people.
But this is more than a points redemption feature; Holiday Rewards operates as a normal travel agent would, with fully qualified and experienced travel consultants to help you plan and book your trips and holidays on pretty much every airline flying practically anywhere in the world.
Payments can be made in points only, or using Variable Points Plus Pay, as described above. This gives you the opportunity of booking what you want when you want, and paying the balance on your ANZ Visa Rewards credit card - which of course will earn you even more rewards points.
All holiday and travel options that are commercially available can be accessed, apart from those offered by online-only operators. Your rewards newsletter will keep you updated about the latest travel and flight offers so you can seize those opportunities as they arise. You will also be able to earn frequent flyer points on those airlines that operate such schemes and of which you are a program member.
ANZ Rewards Visa eligibility criteria
You can apply for an ANZ Rewards Visa credit card if you meet the following requirements:
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You have a good credit rating.
- You are a permanent Australian resident, earning at least $15,000 gross per year.
- You are a non-permanent Australian resident earning at least $50,000 gross per year.
Information required to apply
Your ANZ Rewards Visa application will take around 10 to 15 minutes provided you have the following information to hand:
- Details of your Australian Driver's licence, if you have one
- Employer's address, as listed in the White Pages
- Accountant's name and contact number, if self-employed
- Details of your income, assets and liabilities
- Your ANZ account number, if you're an ANZ customer already
If you leave your application unattended for more than 15 minutes, the site's security features will cancel your application and any information already input. Once your application is completed and submitted, you will receive a response within 60 seconds.
With such a comprehensive array of rewards and the ability to earn points whenever you spend on your card, the ANZ rewards Visa credit card is an excellent choice for the serious points collector.Back to top