Get a complimentary domestic flight each year you hold the card when you spend $500 on eligible purchases in the first three months.
Earn rewards as you spend and take advantage of benefits in the air and on the ground with the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card. This credit card offers up to 1.5 points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases, plus 40,000 bonus Velocity Points and also provides other travel benefits when you meet the requirements.
Other complimentary extras include travel insurance, rental excess cover and a personal concierge service. Find out more, compare your options and apply for the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card here.
|Product Name||ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card|
|Rewards Program||ANZ Rewards Program|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.24% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$225 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$225 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$0|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$65|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9|
- Earn 40,000 bonus Velocity Points when you spend $500 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months.
- Receive a complimentary domestic return flight each year when you meet the minimum spend requirements.
- This card comes with complimentary international travel and medical insurance.
- No international transaction fee on purchases.
- Earn up to 1.5 reward points for every dollar spent on eligible purchases.
- Virgin Australia lounge passes cannot be used in international lounges, partner airlines or associated lounges.
- Standard spend cap is relatively low.
|Rewards Program||ANZ Rewards Program|
|Bonus Points||40,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1.5|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||N/A|
ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card review
The ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card is designed to reward cardholders with travel and reward benefits when you pay with plastic. Earn 1.5 Reward Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $2,000, then 0.5 Reward Points per $1 spent above $2,000 per statement period.
As well as these benefits, the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card gives you one complimentary domestic return flight with Virgin Australia and two single-entry Virgin Australia domestic airport lounge passes each year you hold the card, plus 40,000 bonus Velocity Points, provided that you spend $500 on eligible purchases in the first three months. It also offers $0 overseas transaction fee on purchases and complimentary insurance options for both domestic and overseas travel.
This card has a standard variable purchase rate of 20.24% p.a. and an annual fee of $225. It also offers benefits through the Visa platinum cardholder program.
Benefits of the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card
- Bonus points offer. Collect 40,000 bonus Velocity Points when you apply for an ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures Card, are approved and spend at least $500 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months from card approval. Terms and conditions in accordance with the Velocity Frequent Flyer Program.
- Complimentary return domestic flight. Spend $500 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months and get a complimentary return domestic flight with Virgin Australia each year you hold the card. Note that bookings for this flight must be made more than 60 days prior to the proposed date of your departure and other terms and conditions may apply.
- Domestic airport lounge passes. Receive two complimentary Virgin Australia domestic airport lounge passes each year you hold the card when you spend $500 on eligible purchases using the card in the first 3 months.
- Reward points. This card has a standard earn rate of 1.5 Reward Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $2,000 per statement period, then 0.5 Reward Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $2,000 per statement period.
- No overseas transaction fee. There is no fee for purchases made in an international currency. This includes transactions made in-person when you are overseas, online transactions outside of Australia and online transactions made in Australia with an international retailer.
- Complimentary overseas travel and medical insurance. The ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card offers comprehensive overseas travel and medical insurance when you charge at least $250 of your pre-booked trip to your account. Other terms and conditions are outlined in the ANZ and QBE Product Disclosure Statement provided with this card.
- Mobile payment technology. Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay let you use your Apple, Android or Samsung device to tap and pay with your eligible ANZ credit card.
- Hotel and car rental discounts. Get access to special rates for hotel bookings and car rental benefits through the Visa Premium Benefits program.
ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card features
- Purchase interest rate. This card has a standard purchase rate of 20.24% p.a. variable.
- Cash advance interest rate. When you use this card for cash advances, such as ATM withdrawals, the transaction will collect a cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. variable.
- Annual fee. The benefits of the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card come at the cost of a $225 annual fee.
- Minimum credit limit. Credit limits for this platinum credit card start from $6,000.
- Minimum repayments. The minimum you can pay off your card each statement cycle is 2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater.
- Interest-free days. Get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the balance of your account in full by the statement due date.
- Additional cards. You can request up to 9 additional cardholders for this account. Each supplementary cardholder will have their own Visa card and can earn rewards for their spending. Note that only the primary cardholder is responsible for keeping the account in good standing.
- Purchase protection. This card also offers rental excess insurance, purchase protection insurance, extended warranty cover. Individual terms and conditions apply for each.
How to apply for the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card
You can quickly and easily apply for the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card by clicking on the "Go to site" button. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria for this card:
Eligibility criteria checklist
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this card.
- Residency status. Most credit card providers prefer you to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. If you are a temporary resident, you may want to check out the range of cards current available to you in Australia.
- Income. You must earn at least $35,000 per annum to apply for this card.
Required documents and information
- Personal details. You will be asked to provide a range of personal details including your full name, residential address, contact number, email address, and driver’s licence number or passport number.
- Employment details. You will also have to provide information about your role, salary and employer’s contact details.
- Financial details. This includes information about any other income or assets, as well as your expenses and financial responsibilities.
If your application is approved and you have submitted any requested documentation, you should receive your new credit card within five business days. Then you can activate it and start using it to earn rewards and gain access to the other complimentary benefits available.
With reward points and a collection of complimentary extras, the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card offers a variety of benefits for both domestic and international travel. As this isn’t the only rewards card on the market, it’s important to compare your options before applying.Back to top