Financial relief package for ANZ customers affected by bushfires in WA
Financial relief for ANZ customers after bushfires hit Western Australia.
Following the news that approximately 95 homes have been lost in the town of Yarloop in Western Australia, ANZ has confirmed today it will provide a financial assistance package to any customers impacted by bushfires south of Perth in Western Australia.
Brent Searle, ANZ Head of Regional Business Banking Western Australia said, "This is a very difficult time for some of our staff and customers in Western Australia so we hope this assistance package provides them with the financial relief and support they need."
The assistance package covers ANZ loan, credit card, business loan, term deposit and Home and Contents insurance products. ANZ will:
- Suspend payments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation)
- Waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to bushfire impacts
- Provide temporary adjustments to existing lending limits, including credit cards to assist with unexpected costs
- Waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals
- Provide early access to term deposits without incurring any fees for impacted customers
- Provide assistance to affected customers with Home and Contents Insurance that may be eligible to receive emergency funds and temporary accommodation
What can ANZ customers in Western Australia do?
- Visit their local branch if they cannot contact their relationship manager
- Contact ANZ's financial hardship team on 1800 149 549
- Lodge an insurance claim
Are you looking to help those affected by bushfires?
You can donate to the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) by texting "support" to 0400 662 662 or visiting www.shoutforgood.com
Commbank announced EAP: details here
NAB announced relief package: details here
Bankwest announced response package: more information here