Until 17 December 2017, enjoy an annual fee waiver in the first year, introductory 0% p.a. interest rates on purchases and balance transfers, plus, platinum perks.
No longer offered in the market
The ANZ Platinum Credit Card - Exclusive Offer is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. You can compare the current range of ANZ credit cards here.
This low fee card also offers additional benefits such as overseas travel and medical insurance as well as extended warranty and purchase security insurance. Enjoy further savings with a $0 annual fee in the first year and 0% p.a. interest for 3 months on purchases and 0% p.a. interest for 12 months on balance transfers (reverts to the standard balance transfer rate of 21.49% p.a. after the 0% promotion has ended).
Benefits of the ANZ Platinum Credit Card
- Long-term balance transfer offer. The ANZ Platinum credit card lets you repay your existing debts with 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months without paying any balance transfer fee. After the introductory period, the interest rate will revert to the standard balance transfer rate of 21.49% p.a.
- Introductory interest rate on purchases. Enjoy 0% p.a. interest on purchases for 3 months. Reverts to the standard purchase rate of 19.74% p.a. after the promotional period.
- $0 annual fee in the first year. All new ANZ Platinum Credit Card holders get the annual fee waived in the first year, and $87 thereafter. You can also enjoy no annual fee in following years if your annual spend exceeds $20,000 on the ANZ Platinum Credit Card. The annual spend is calculated 12 months following your account’s ‘fee date’.
- Complimentary insurance. ANZ Platinum credit card customers are covered under QBE complimentary overseas medical and travel insurance. There’s comprehensive cover for a range of events, including an unlimited benefit payable for overseas medical and dental. If you already have an ANZ Platinum Credit Card, you’re eligible for the insurance when you hold a return ticket to Australia and have purchased at least $250 of your prepaid travel expenses using the ANZ Platinum Credit Card.
- Mobile payment technology. Apple Pay, Android Pay, ANZ App and Samsung Pay let you use your Apple, Android or Samsung device to tap and pay with your eligible ANZ credit card.
Features of the ANZ Platinum Credit Card
- $0 annual fee in the first year. The annual fee is waived in the first year. To continue receiving the annual fee waiver in each subsequent year, all you need to do is make purchases of $20,000 or more annually using your ANZ Platinum account. The annual fee is $87 thereafter if you don’t qualify for the waiver.
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. Pay your balance in full when your statement comes and you get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases made with the card. Interest-free days do not apply you’re carrying a balance from month to month (a balance transfer).
- Insurance benefits. Complimentary international travel insurance is a benefit available to ANZ Platinum credit card holders who meet the policy activation requirements. This account also features car rental excess insurance, extended warranty insurance, 90-day purchase security insurance, best price guarantee insurance and interstate flight inconvenience insurance.
- Additional cardholders. Up to 9 additional cardholders can be added to the account for $0.
- Anti-fraud. ANZ credit cards are protected by ANZ Falcon, the anti-fraud monitoring system, which will monitor any suspicious activity on your account. Just be sure to let ANZ know if you plan to travel abroad. The Visa no liability guarantee will also apply if you’re a victim of fraud.
- Visa card. As this is a Visa card, you can use this card wherever Visa is accepted, which is at millions of ATMs and merchants across the globe.