ANZ cardholders affected by the bushfires in Western Australia will receive financial relief packages
8 January 2016: One of Australia’s largest banks has stepped up to help customers in need. Following the news that approximately 95 homes have been lost in bushfires that tore through the town of Yarloop in Western Australia, ANZ has announced that it will provide financial assistance packages to customers impacted by the natural disaster.
If you’re an ANZ customer who has been affected by the bushfires around Australia, see how you can receive financial help here:
The assistance package covers ANZ credit card customers, as well as loans, business loans, term deposits and Home and Contents insurance customers. If you’ve been affected by the bushfires, ANZ will:
- Suspend payments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation)
- Waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals
- Provide temporary adjustments to existing lending limits, including credit cards, to assist with unexpected costs
- Waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to bushfire impacts
- Provide early access to term deposits without incurring any fees for impacted customers
- Provide assistance to affected customers with Home and Contents Insurance that may be eligible to receive emergency funds and temporary accommodation
How you can request a financial relief package from ANZ
- Visit your local branch if you cannot contact their relationship manager
- Contact ANZ's financial hardship team on 1800 149 549
- Lodge an insurance claim
ANZ aren't the first Aussie provider to offer such packages. When the bushfires hit South Australia and Victoria in January 2015, Commonwealth Bank activated its Emergency Assistance Packages to provide customers affected by the fire with assistance.
If you don’t belong to ANZ and have been affected by the bushfires, contact your card provider to see if there are any emergency assistance packages available to ease your repayments during this difficult time.
Help those affected by the bushfires in Western Australia
Support those in need by donating to the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) by texting "support" to 0400 662 662 or visiting www.shoutforgood.com.Back to top