Almost two months of interest-free credit and built-in travel insurance can make the ANZ Gold Visa Card suitable for avid shoppers and globe-trotters.
Important InformationThe ANZ Gold Visa is no longer be available for new applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The credit card cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare the current range of ANZ credit cards: click here.
Thanks to features like integrated Comprehensive Overseas Travel and Medical Insurance and up to 55 days of interest-free shopping, the ANZ Gold Visa Card makes a convenient travelling partner.
This credit card's Visa Entertainment feature also gives you special access to certain events and discounts on exclusive products and services. Despite its benefits for travellers, the Gold Visa Card does not operate on a points or rewards system.
ANZ Gold Visa Card review
In terms of features and benefits, the Gold Visa Card closely resembles the low-rate Platinum credit card, also offering complimentary travel and medical insurance, along with up to 55 days of interest-free credit and special discounts through MasterCard Platinum Privileges.
Travellers can benefit from up to 6 months of travel and medical insurance cover as long as a minimum of $250 in travel costs was charged to the Gold Visa Card before departure from Australia. If a claim was lodged, proof of this minimum charge as well as eligibility criteria would be verified before a payout was issued.
Benefits of using ANZ Gold Visa Card
- Overseas travel and medical insurance. Participating Gold Visa cardholders have to be permanent residents or eligible to work in Australia, and under 80 years of age to qualify for this insurance. Once a pre-booked transport expense of $250 or more is charged to the Gold Visa Card (before leaving Australia), the complimentary travel insurance is automatically activated and the cardholder is covered for the duration of his/her travels. This covers medical, hospital and ambulance expenses while overseas. Dental expenses are covered to a maximum of $2000. The current stipulations regarding payouts and which circumstances merit unlimited cover are outlined in ANZ's Insurance Policy Information booklet online.
- Interest-free credit. If the credit-card balance is paid back in full in each month, cardholders enjoy interest-free credit for up to 55 days.
- No additional card fees. Up to 9 people can be added as cardholders at no additional cost.
ANZ Gold Visa Card features
- Annual fee. An annual fee of $87 applies for this credit card. New ANZ customers benefit from an annual-fee waiver in the first year. For each subsequent year that the customer makes eligible purchases equal to or exceeding $20000, the annual fee will be waived.
- Purchase rate. Gold Visa cardholders benefitted from an annual purchase rate of 18.99% p.a. and an annual rate of 20.74% p.a. on cash advances.
- Purchase insurance. The Gold Visa Card provides 90-days purchase insurance with a security warranty.
- Quick delivery. Once the application has been approved, please allow up to two weeks for your card to arrive in the mail. Your PIN is sent separately for security reasons.
- Visa Entertainment. This feature allows cardholders to benefit from discount on merchandise and access to exclusive events.
How to apply for the Gold Visa Card
Applicants can receive a response within 60 seconds. The following documents are required for the process:
- Passport or driver's licence
- Employer's address and contact details
- Proof of income and information about assets and liabilities
- Australian citizens must earn a minimum of $15,000 p.a.
- Non-residents (and those also considering applying for a Platinum credit card) must earn a minimum of $50,000
- Applicants must have a good credit rating
ANZ no longer offers the Gold Visa Card, but alternative products like the First and Low Rate credit cards feature similar benefits. Regular travellers should consider the Frequent Flyer and Rewards credit cards.Back to top