Maximise your frequent flyer points by spending with ANZ Bonus Partner rewards when you have an ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Card.
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa currently offers a 25,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend at least on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card approval. It also earns you 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $250 per statement period and 0.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent above $250 in a statement period.
|Product Name||ANZ Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$95 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$95 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$65|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- Get 25,000 bonus Qantas Points after your first eligible purchase within 3 months of card approval.
- Earn uncapped Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases.
- Compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
- There are only up to 44 days interest-free when you have paid your balance off in full and make a purchase on your card.
- The rate of $1 : 0.5 Qantas Points is lower than some of the other rewards cards in the market that have comparable annual fees
- The earn rate drops to $1 : 0.25 Qantas Points at a low $500 threshold.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||25,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.5|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
How many Qantas Frequent Flyer Points can you earn?
Here’s a summary of the Qantas Points you can earn with the ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa:
- Introductory 25,000 bonus points. Apply and get approved for this card and you can earn 25,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend in the first 3 months.
- 0.5 points per $1 spent. Earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 on eligible spending up to $250 per statement period. That means you can earn up to 99,999 Qantas Points for the first $250 you spend each month.
- 0.25 points per $1 spent. Earn 0.25 points per $1 on eligible spending over $250 per statement period. For example, if you spent $1,000 in a statement period, you would earn 99,999 Qantas Points for the first $250 and 125 points for the remaining $250, giving you a total of a total of 375 points.
- Bonus points. The ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa also allows you to earn 1 additional bonus Qantas Point per $1 when you shop with ANZ’s selection of Bonus Partners, including Qantas, Hertz and Ace Insurance.
With this card, Qantas Points and Bonus Qantas Points accrue in accordance with and subject to the ANZ Frequent Flyer Reward Terms and Conditions booklet, which is available online or by calling ANZ on 13 13 14. The earn rates and earn rate bands are subject to change, so existing customers may be subject to different earn rate(s) on their account.
To earn Qantas Points with the ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and provide your details to ANZ. A joining fee may apply and membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
Features of the ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Card
- Annual fee. This card has a standard annual fee of $95 (waived in year one). The standard annual fee includes a $40 annual account fee and a $55 Rewards Program services fee.
- Interest rates. The ANZ Frequent Flyer has standard variable rates of 19.99% p.a. on purchases and 21.49% p.a. on cash advances.
- Interest-free days. Get up to 44 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Reward point exclusions. Purchases which are not eligible to earn Points are described in the ANZ Frequent Flyer Reward Terms and Conditions booklet and include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, balance transfers and transactions for gambling or gaming purposes.
- Visa features. This card offers Visa acceptance at over 24 million locations worldwide. It also includes contactless functionality and access to exclusive offers through Visa Entertainment.
- Security features. The 24/7 ANZ Falcon service provides advanced around-the-clock monitoring for suspicious transactions.
How to apply for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Card
If you think the ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa card is for you, click “Go to site” button to be safely redirected to start your application. Please allow up to 10-15 minutes to complete this form. You can speed up this process by making sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the required documents and details outlined below.
- You must over 18 years of age.
- You must have a good credit rating.
- You must be a permanent Australian resident, earning a minimum annual income of $15,000. If you are a non-permanent Australian resident you must earn a minimum of $50,000.
- Australian Driver's licence
- Employer's address
- Accountant's name and contact number (if self-employed)
- Details of your income, assets and liabilities
- ANZ account number located on your statement (if you're already an ANZ customer)
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa offers you a way to earn Qantas Points on your eligible credit card spending. If you apply for this card now, you can also enjoy 25,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend in the first 3 months of card approval and pay no annual fee in the first year. So compare this card to other options to decide if it will suit your needs.Back to top