Extra insurance, dining discounts and rewards programs are all available to help you get more out of your ANZ credit card.
If you want more from your ANZ credit card, there is a range of optional extras you can take advantage of. ANZ credit card extras include repayment insurance, rental vehicle excess insurance, Visa checkout and eDine. While some of these extras are included with your card, others are not and may increase your card repayments each month. To help you decide whether the extras are worth the cost, read more about ANZ credit card optional extras in this guide.
Optional extras for ANZ credit card customers
ANZ car rental cover
Car rental companies can have sky-high insurance excess charges. This credit card optional extra covers you for rental vehicle excess charges up to $2,400 (minus the ANZ rental vehicle excess of $350). You’re liable to pay any additional excess charges over this amount.
Some terms and conditions to note: This benefit is not transferrable. If you’re the primary ANZ credit card account holder, you must also be the rental vehicle insurance policyholder.
Pay to join eDine and get 20–50% off at more than 2,500 restaurants, hotels and tourist attractions in Australia and New Zealand. eDine caters to all different types of dining experiences. Partner restaurants include both a la carte restaurants and informal dining.
This is like an online home for your Visa credit and debit cards. Once you’ve created your Visa Checkout account you only need to sign in with your email address and password to make payments. Your credit card details and your shipping information are stored in your Visa Checkout account so there’s no need to keep entering your details every time you shop online. Look for the Visa Checkout symbol when you’re at the checkout stage of your purchase.
How to apply for ANZ optional extras?
You can apply for any of these credit card extras at any time.
- Car rental cover. Call 1300 131 026 to apply for ANZ car rental cover.
- eDine. Join over the phone, log on to the website and print off the voucher to use for discounts.
- Visa Checkout. Visit the Visa Checkout website to create your free Visa Checkout account.
Other ANZ credit card features
- Complimentary travel insurance. Comprehensive international travel insurance is a complimentary benefit included with some ANZ credit cards. You and your immediate family are covered when you’re all travelling together and you purchase your tickets using your eligible ANZ credit card, so long as you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Complimentary purchase insurances. There are three main purchase insurances available. Purchase protection insurance covers the items you buy with your eligible ANZ credit card against damage, loss and theft. Extended warranty insurance automatically extends the Australian manufacturer’s warranty for up to 12 months. Guaranteed pricing scheme, or best price guarantee insurance, gives you a refund if you buy something and you find it on sale for cheaper elsewhere.
- Concierge service. A concierge service is like having your own personal assistant linked to your card. Your concierge can help you with anything from making travel plans, dinner bookings and organising gifts to cafe recommendations. All you need to do is call and ask.
- Rewards. ANZ Rewards credit cards let you earn reward points per eligible $1 you spend on the card. While some ANZ credit cards come linked to the bank’s own rewards program, others are linked to the Qantas Frequent Flyer scheme. If you’re a regular spender and frequent flyer, a rewards card could be an easy way to get some extra value from your card.
- Interest-free days. Up to a number of interest-free days (usually 55) is a standard credit card feature. Pay back your ANZ credit card balance by the statement due date and you can make interest-free purchases in the next statement period.
- Fraud monitoring. ANZ Falcon provides around-the-clock account monitoring. If ANZ notices a suspicious transaction, your account will be blocked to prevent further loss and you’ll be contacted immediately.
- Zero liability. The Visa and Mastercard no liability agreement with ANZ means you won’t be held liable for fraudulent purchases detected on your account. If someone has been using your ANZ credit card to shop on the Internet, in-store or over the phone without your knowledge, you won’t be held liable if you report the fraud right away.
ANZ credit card extras can be worthwhile if you’re willing to make a claim, otherwise the cost of these extras can be as much as if not more than the credit card minimum repayment. Consider how you plan to use the card and whether the benefits outweigh the costs before you apply.
Images: ShutterstockBack to top