The ANZ Business Extra Account offers considerable flexibility to businesses looking at simplifying their cash flow. You get access to Internet Banking for Business for free, and you can access funds in your account using an ANZ Business Visa Debit card, phone banking, branch banking and an optional cheque book. You can also apply for an optional overdraft facility.
What are the features of the ANZ Business Extra Account?
- Monthly fees. The ANS Business Extra Account attracts a monthly account keeping fee of $22.
- Other fees. Staff assisted transactions are free, as are cheques, manual merchant deposits, electronic transactions and the use of ANZ ATMs. You may have to pay additional fees from time to time, which can include dishonour fees, international transaction fees, overseas ATM fees and fees for periodical payments.
- ANZ Business Visa Debit card. You can use this card to access funds in your account at any time using ATMs, EFTPOS terminals, online banking and phone banking. The Visa payWave feature lets you use your card to make contactless payments for purchases less than $100. ANZ Falcon anti-fraud protection and Visa’s Zero Liability policy are in place to offer that extra peace of mind. This card comes in three colours and you can get the bank to emboss it with your business name.
- ANZ Business Overdraft. If you get the optional business overdraft facility linked to your account you can be sure that you have access to extra money as and when you need it. You get to choose from secured and unsecured options and there is no minimum or maximum term. Flexible repayment options can give you greater control over your cash flow.
- Branch banking. You can make unlimited number of deposits and withdrawals at all ANZ branches across Australia.
- Cheque book. This account comes with an optional cheque book facility, and you can write unlimited number of cheques for free.
- Online banking. The ANZ Internet Banking for Business platform gives you a free and secure way to bank online, and benefits include co-signatory authorisation as well as higher payment limits. You can also use this platform to make international transfers, to set up direct debits, for efficient payroll management and more.
- Phone banking. You can turn to phone banking to check your account’s balance and its transaction summary. Phone banking lets you initiate fund transfers, and you can use it to order cheque books. Phone banking also lets you connect with an ANZ representative.
- Unlimited and free ANZ transactions (conditions apply)
- Optional overdraft facility
- Access to ANZ Internet Banking
- Flat monthly fee applies
How do I apply for the ANZ Business Extra Account?
You can apply by meeting a small business specialist at your nearest ANZ branch, you can apply online, and you can get started over the phone. To apply online, simply click on the ‘Go to Site’ button. Applying requires that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are applying as a sole trader, company, partnership, trust, society, co-operative or association.
- You have authority to open an account on behalf of the business you represent.
- All signatories are over the age of 18 years.
To complete the application successfully you’ll have to provide different types of information, which includes the following:
- The trading name of your business, its mailing address and its structure (sole trader, company, trust and so on).
- Business number such as Australian Company Number (ACN), Australian Business Number (ABN) or Association Number.
- Details of all signatories to include complete names, job titles, dates of birth and contact details.
Once you submit your online application you should receive a confirmation email from ANZ in minutes. You can expect to hear from an ANZ small business specialist within 24 hours on business days. This is essentially to confirm your details, clarify your doubts, and then, open the account. Once the account is open you can make deposits straightaway. You receive another email notifying you of the account opening and a nominated branch, along with instructions surrounding what you have to do to activate the account completely.