Receive up to $1 million in accidental death & injury cover with ANZ
Accidents by their nature are something you can’t plan for, and in most cases they cause some inconvenience, require a few adjustments in your day, and then you move on. However, for those accidents which cause more than that, you can be looking at major disruptions to your work, your income, your lifestyle and your family. As well as putting a strain on your lifestyle, this financial pressure does nothing to help you relax and recover after an accident.
What can help you relax is the knowledge that you have the protection of ANZ Accident Cover Plus, which will pay a lump sum benefit for accidental death and accidental injury. This means that if a situation comes along where you are suddenly injured or die, you and your family are not left with the stress of wondering how you’re going to pay your bills. Instead you can use your benefit money for any bills or expenses you choose, while you take the time to recover and get back on your feet.
Get a quote for ANZ Accident Cover Plus online
What does the policy cover?
Your ANZ Accident Cover Plus insurance policy offers the following features and benefits:
- Up to $1 million accidental death benefit: Your beneficiaries can be paid a benefit amount of up to $1 million if you die as the result of an accident. This benefit is paid as a lump sum, for your family to use on final expenses, funeral bills, household bills, to pay off the mortgage, or to invest and secure their future.
- No medical or blood tests required: You can apply for accident cover with ANZ up to the age of 74 without taking a medical or blood test or answering any lifestyle questions. The application for accident cover is easy and takes just a few minutes, you are then covered immediately.
- Fixed premiums: Your accident cover premiums are fixed for the life of your policy and won’t increase as you age, or with changes in your lifestyle.
- Optional accidental injury benefit: You also have the option to add accidental injury cover to your ANZ Accident Cover Plus policy. This benefit will pay up to $50,000 for a range of eligible accidental injuries such as burns and fractures. Again you can use this money in whatever way you need to, as it is paid as a lump sum benefit for medical bills, ongoing expenses or a recuperative holiday.
- Bed care benefit: If you are certified by a medical practitioner to be confined to bed under the care of a registered nurse as the result of an accident, you can receive a payment of $100 for up to 10 days.
- Choose your premium frequency: You can choose your premium frequency based on your wage cycle and budget, making your premium payment fortnightly, monthly or annually. If you pay your premiums annually you are eligible for a discount.
- Joint cover: You can also combine your accident cover with that of your partner’s to make sure your whole family has greater protection. You are also eligible for a premium discount if you combine your covers.
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points: For every $1 you spend on your ANZ Accident Cover Plus premiums, you will collect one Frequent Flyer point. If you’re not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, ANZ will sign you up and pay the membership fee for you.
- 24/7 cover, all around the world: Your accident cover with ANZ will go with you wherever you are in the world, so if an accident strikes at any time of the day or night, you have worldwide protection.
What isn't covered?
ANZ Accident Cover Plus policy can offer the protection that you need for a great value; however, be aware of some of the events are excluded from your cover. These include:
- Death or injury which occurs in the first six months.
- Accidents which occur as the result of you being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or illegal substances. This includes motor vehicle accidents.
- Accidents which occur during air travel or aerial ascents or descents, except when you are a fare paying passenger.
- Accidental death or injury caused during your participation in training for a professional sport or speed contest.
- Death or injury as the result of suicide or attempted suicide.
- Conditions cause by an intentional act or omission.
- Conditions caused by war, hostilities or civil insurrection.
How can I apply?
With ANZ Accident Cover Plus insurance, you can also easily secure the protection that you require in the event of an accident. You will have acceptance immediately without having to go through any medical tests or fill out health or lifestyle questions. To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- Between 18 and 74 years old;
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident;
- Residing in Australia.
ANZ Accident Cover Plus can provide you with a peace of mind knowing you have a protective insurance cover in place for your family in case you were suddenly unable to care for them.
Why consider ANZ Accident Cover Plus?
ANZ understands that life insurance may be something that many people consider to be expensive and complicated. Whether you have a pre-existing health condition, a little older or have some habits or lifestyle habits that can increase your overall risk to the insurance provider, securing full life insurance policies may often be prohibitive.
So, ANZ aims to remove the barrier between you and your insurance protection by making their Accident Cover Plus plan affordable for everyday Australians, allowing you to match the cover amount to the premium you can afford. You have the option to add features such as accidental injury, and you can qualify for discounts on your premiums by paying annually, or combining your cover with your partner.