Anytime Fitness Discounts
Get up to 50% off your Anytime Fitness membership with AIA's Vitality Rewards program. Here's how.
Anytime Fitness is Australia’s largest fitness community with more than 450 gyms across the nation and over 3,000 more located in 20 different countries worldwide.
Anytime Fitness gyms operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and provide the opportunity for their members to work out securely wherever and whenever they want. You are offered 24/7 security monitoring and secure gym access via your own personal key.
How AIA Vitality members can get a discount on Anytime Fitness
At the time of writing, in June 2020, every AIA Vitality member who joins Anytime Fitness can receive the following discounts just for keeping fit:
- A 10% discount off your 12-month Anytime Fitness membership
- 50% off the once-only joining fee
- 100 physical activity points per day
- Access to any of the 460 clubs in Australia or 3,500 clubs worldwide after 31 days in the home club.
- $100 per quarter cash back for attending an Anytime Fitness gym at least 24 times per quarter (up to $400 cash back per membership year)
These are just some of the rewards on offer for members of AIA Vitality. It costs just $10 a month to join and members can earn a big range of rewards in addition to the Anytime Fitness discounts mentioned above. These include price discounts on a range of health and lifestyle brands, free or discounted access to programs such as weight loss and quit smoking classes, and discounts on fitness devices such as Fitbit and Garmin.
Perhaps the most rewarding discount of all is the premium discount offered to AIA Vitality members, with up to a 20% discount off your Life Insurance or up to 15% off your Income Protection premiums. These discounts are earned by accumulating points which correlate to Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum status, with the more points earned meaning the higher your status and the more lucrative your Vitality rewards.
Wellbeing initiatives from other insurers
Wellness programs are becoming popular throughout the insurance industry – and for obvious reasons. Healthier customers are likely to make fewer claims on their life and health insurance policies, so insurers are actively encouraging and rewarding participation in healthy activities.
And it’s a win-win situation, because customers are not only becoming healthier as a result, they’re also cashing in on a huge range of discounts and rewards. Insurers offering wellbeing initiatives similar to AIA Vitality’s Anytime Fitness discounts include:
- TAL Health Sense. Get up to 15% off your Life Insurance and/or TPD premiums through the TAL Health Sense program if your Body Mass Index (BMI) falls between 19 and 28.
- RAC Life Insurance. Activate your AIA Vitality membership and get access to a range of rewards including travel, shopping, entertainment and gym discounts.
- Virgin Active health clubs. AIA Vitality members can save 50% on the cost of Active Me Flexible membership at Virgin Active’s world class gym facilities.
How you can find these savings using your own private insurance
Some time ago, the Australian government began encouraging insurers to introduce wellbeing initiatives in an attempt to relieve the burden on the public health system. As a result, many private health funds today have wellness programs and discounts for health and wellbeing- related activities.
Most health insurers now provide discounts for gym memberships and many cover or subsidise a variety of health-related classes and programs in their Extras cover.
Check your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to see what benefits your policy is offering and if there aren’t any, consider switching to another more health-conscious insurer.
Create a list of the health benefits that are most important to you and look for a health fund that includes all or most of them in its cover. But always ensure that the Hospital and Extras cover you require is also being provided at a value for money price.
The same goes with Life Insurance. Check the PDS and if nothing’s mentioned, give them a call and ask the question. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain in the form of a healthy premium discount at renewal time.
Ask an Expert