Angelina Jolie’s Netflix debut First They Killed My Father gets haunting new trailer
A five-year-old girl struggles to survive Cambodia's brutal Khmer Rouge regime.
Netflix has given us our first look at its upcoming war drama based on the oppressive regime of the Cambodian militant group Khmer Rouge. Titled First They Killed My Father, the movie is an adaptation of the biographical book First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers written by Loung Ung, who endured the reign of Khmer Rouge leader Pol Pot as a young girl.
The film recounts the horrors Loung Ung witnessed at the hands of the Khmer Rouge, chronicling her life from 1975 when she was separated from her family and left to fend for herself working in a forced-labour camp.
Angelina Jolie serves as producer and director on the movie. To ensure the story was told as authentically as possible, Jolie hired only Cambodian actors and filmed the whole thing on location in Cambodia.
First They Killed My Father will hit Netflix on 15 September.
- Where to watch the 2018 Giro d’Italia online in Australia
- Where to watch the A-League Grand Final online in Australia
- Stan on Qantas: Romper Stomper, No Activity and other originals incoming
- Chromecast Ultra review: Google’s simple streaming solution
- View Finder: Thinking of heading to the movies? Deux it