An esports mode is coming to Battlefield 1
Full details are set to be revealed during Gamescom next month.
Early this morning, publisher Electronic Arts conducted a conference call with its investors, and among the interesting tidbits revealed during the call is the news that Battlefield 1 will be getting a new competitive mode targeted at making the game more esports friendly.
Aussie Andrew Wilson, EA's CEO, stated that the new mode has been designed with direct input from the Battlefield community and hinted at the fact that 64-player matches don't always work so well in the competitive scene. He didn't say much else regarding the mode, promising instead that it'll be fully revealed at Gamescom next month.
Gamescom will also see EA show off Battlefield 1's upcoming DLC, In the Name of the Tsar, as well as announce a slate of new maps, an enhanced progression system and extra game modes coming to the game in the near future. Finally, Wilson confirmed that there'll be a completely new Battlefield game coming sometime in financial year 2019 (October 2018 - September 2019).
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?
- Save up to 70% on Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Division and more in Humble Store’s Ubisoft sale