Amy Poehler is creating a new comedy series for Netflix
The Parks and Recreation star is joining forces with the streaming giant.
Amy Poehler, the quirky comedian/director known for her role as Leslie Knope in Parks and Recreation, is teaming up with Natasha Lyonne (Orange is the New Black) and Leslye Headland (Bachelorette) to develop a new comedy series exclusively for Netflix.
The as-yet untitled series will star Lyonne as Nadia, a young woman trapped in a seemingly inescapable New York City party. It'll run for eight episodes, with all three women executive producing and Lyonne and Headland serving as writers.
"So excited to get cracking with the intensely brilliant Leslye Headland, the GOAT with a heart of gold Amy Poehler, and Netflix, the safe haven I’ve been searching for since the 80s," said Lyonne. "Deeply moved to work with such heavy hitters and to share our show with the world."
No word on when the new series will air, but we'll keep you posted.
- Where to watch the 2018 Giro d’Italia online in Australia
- Where to watch the A-League Grand Final online in Australia
- Stan on Qantas: Romper Stomper, No Activity and other originals incoming
- Chromecast Ultra review: Google’s simple streaming solution
- View Finder: Thinking of heading to the movies? Deux it