Get protection from a range of serious medical conditions with AMP Trauma Elevate Insurance
If you or someone in your family were to suffer a major illness or injury, the last thing you want to be concerning yourself is money. Unfortunately, when the unexpected does happen and a family member falls ill, many people's first thought is about how much it is going to cost.
That is where AMP Elevate Trauma Insurance can cover you in case of a range of specified trauma events. AMP Trauma Elevate will provide you with a lump sum payment between $50,000 to $2 million if you suffer any of the trauma events listed. Keep reading to find out what conditions are covered and how you can benefit from this policy.
AMP Insurance will pay you a lump sum benefit amount if you suffer one of the trauma events eligible under your policy. The benefit can be used to pay gaps in your medical cover, to pay for those ongoing household bills or to cover those incidental costs like extra childcare. The benefit amount will be determined by the amount specified in your insurance schedule, or will be a portion of the benefit in the event of partial or early payment.
You can take out trauma insurance with AMP in a number of ways:
- Trauma insurance or trauma insurance plus. You can take out standard trauma insurance cover with AMP, to ensure you are protected in case of a trauma event, while keeping your cover affordable if you are budget conscious. Or you can opt for Trauma Insurance Plus, which includes additional features and coverage to meet your changing needs.
- Trauma insurance as a plan. You can apply for a trauma insurance plan, which is independent cover, not linked to any other AMP insurance.
- Trauma insurance as an option. For a lower premium cost you can add trauma insurance as an option onto your AMP life insurance plan, as either Trauma Insurance or Trauma Insurance Plus.
- FlexiLink trauma insurance. Similarly, FlexiLink trauma insurance can save you on your premiums by being attached to your life insurance. However, in this case, some parameters of your FlexiLink trauma insurance must match your life insurance plan, for example if you opt for Consumer Price Index increases on one plan, they must be accepted on the linked plan too.
Trauma events covered by AMP Elevate Trauma Insurance
Defining a traumatic event can be a very subjective thing, which is why when you compare trauma insurance, you need to make sure you look into the trauma events covered by your policy. For example, the AMP Elevate Trauma Insurance policy includes full payment of your trauma benefit for the following trauma events:
- Advanced diabetes
- Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias
- Aplastic anaemia
- Benign brain tumour
- Cardiac arrest
- Chronic kidney failure
- Chronic liver disease
- Coronary artery bypass
- Heart attack
- Heart valve surgery
- Loss of capacity for independent living
- Loss of limbs
- Loss of speech
- Lung disease
- Major head injury
- Major organ transplant
- Medically acquired HIV infection
- Motor neuron disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Occupationally acquired HIV infection
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Primary pulmonary hypertension
- Quadriplegia or tetraplegia
- Severe burns
- Severe rheumatoid arthritis
- Surgery of the aorta
- Triple vessel angioplasty
Trauma events you can claim a partial benefits
- Adult insulin dependent diabetes
- Heart attack
- A medical condition requiring life support
Trauma events covered ender the AMP Trauma Plus Policy
Under the Trauma Insurance Plus policy, you can also be covered for the following events in addition to the trauma events already listed above:
- Partial payment for loss of a limb.
- Cancer early payment subject to a 90 day qualifying period:
- Prostate tumours
- Carcinoma in situ of the penis
- Carcinoma in situ of one or both testes
- Carcinoma in situ of the perineum
- Carcinoma in situ of the breast
- Carcinoma in situ of the vulva, vagina or fallopian tube
- Carcinoma in situ of the cervix
- Carcinoma in situ of the ovary
- Carcinoma in situ of the uterus
Eligibility requirements for AMP Trauma Insurance
To apply for Trauma Insurance, Trauma Insurance Plus, FlexiLink Trauma Insurance, FlexiLink Trauma Insurance Plus, or to add any AMP trauma insurance as an option to your life insurance:
- You can apply for $50,000 to $2 million in benefit
- You must be 16 to 65 years old to apply for stepped premiums under trauma insurance
- You must be 16 to 60 years old to apply for stepped premiums under trauma insurance plus
- You can apply for level premiums if you are 16 to 60 years old
- You can apply for blended premiums if you are 25 to 50 years old
- You remain covered until you are 99 years old.