AMP SuperEdge Saver Account
Earn a competitive introductory bonus rate on your SMSF savings with an AMP SuperEdge Saver Account.
If you have excess funds in your self-managed super fund (SMSF) but still want access to your savings, the SuperEdge Saver Account provides a convenient solution. Once you link it to your SMSF's bank account, you are free to transfer money in and out whenever you need. This allows you to keep your money close at hand, while still benefiting from the higher interest paid by the Saver account.
Maximum variable rate
Base interest rate
Bonus interest rate
for 6 months
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Alison Banney is the banking and investments editor at Finder. She has written about finance for over six years with her work featured on sites including Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Dynamic Business.
You need to link an AMP SuperEdge Cash Account to this account (or other transaction account held by your SMSF), otherwise you won't be able access your balance. You can open an AMP SuperEdge Cash Account at the same time in the one application.
No monthly account keeping fees
You will not be charged for the maintenance of your SuperEdge Saver Account.
Linked cash account
You will need to have a linked transaction account in your fund's name, such as the AMP SuperEdge Cash Account, in order to access the funds in the AMP SuperEdge Saver Account. You can also link it to your SMSF bank account at another bank. Should you choose to link it to a SuperEdge Cash Account with AMP, you can open both at the same time.
Earn 1% for 6 months
New customers can earn a special introductory rate of 1% for 6 months, reverting to the ongoing variable rate of 0.8% after this. The bonus interest is only available to new customers who haven't held an AMP SuperEdge Saver Account in their name in the last two years.
The interest is calculated daily and paid into your SuperEdge Saver account monthly giving you the opportunity to earn even more with compound interest.
No minimum ongoing balance
There are no ongoing balance requirements in order to keep this account active.
Accessing your money
You can make unlimited free transfers of your cash using AMP's online banking platform, mobile banking or phone banking.
The mobile app from AMP allows you to make simple transactions from your mobile phone, contact your AMP financial advisor and find supported ATMs in your area. You can download it for free from the App Store or with Google Play.
How to applyYou can apply online in less than 10 minutes. You should ensure that you are able to meet the eligibility requirements before beginning the application, and have the necessary documents handy.
- Minimum age. Only applications submitted by individuals aged 18 and over will be accepted.
- Residency requirements. All individuals listed on the application must be Australian residents.
- Depository requirements. You will not be required to make a minimum opening deposit.
- Tax file number. With an interest earning account like the SuperEdge Saver Account providing your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code will allow for AMP to deduct the correct withholding taxes from your earned interest. It is not mandatory that you provide your TFN but if you don't, AMP are obligated to make deductions at the highest marginal rate.
- Identification. AMP will ask that you verify your identity using information found on your driver's licence or passport. You can also request a separate identification form to be completed at a Bank@Post.
- Account details. The account number for you SuperEdge Cash Account will be necessary in order to link your new account. You may use a banking account from a different financial institution for which you will need to have the account number and BSB number.
- SMSF. The details of the SMSF being applied for will be required before the application can be processed.
What happens after I submit my application?
Once you've completed the online application and AMP has all the information necessary to confirm your identity, the account will be activated within two business days.