Cover your fixed business expenses with AMP.
AMP Business Overheads Insurance will provide an ongoing benefit payment if you are too ill or injured to work. This means you can cover your fixed business expanses such as rent, utility bills and staff salaries while you focus on your recovery. Premiums are generally tax-deductible and AMP will cover up to 100% of your eligible business expenses if you can't work.
Keep reading to learn more of the benefits of AMP Business Expenses cover or submit your details in the form below to receive a quote.
Who does the AMP Business Overheads Insurance cover?
The AMP Business Overheads Insurance gives you the option to flexibly choose a plan that would complement your needs. The Business Overheads Insurance can be owned by an individual or a company that pays the overhead costs of a business. Below are some stipulations for eligibility.
- Small business partnerships which consist of five or less partners and sole traders.
- Businesses where profit is earned through services rendered, such as consultants and professionals.
Though the Business Overheads Insurance is suitable for businesses, individuals can be eligible if:
- The individual is largely responsible for generating the cash flow of the business.
- The business cash flow would considerably fall or cease if the individual is unable to work
- The individual will take responsibility for the payment of the business expenses.
AMP Business Overheads Insurance features and benefits
Since AMP Business Overheads Insurance was designed to protect you and your business when an injury or illness renders you unable to carry on your responsibilities, the features and benefits included in this policy aim to do just that. Listed below are some of the key features and benefits of the policy:
- 100% cover for your business. You have an option to choose a maximum monthly benefit of up to 100% of your monthly business expenses. At present, the maximum monthly benefit is $1,250. Furthermore, the premiums are waived while your fees are being covered.
- Total disability benefit. The business overheads expenses incurred each month will be paid during the period that the insured is rendered disabled. Business overheads include fixed costs such as:
- salary of non-income producing staff
- rent and mortgage interest payment for the business premise
- property taxes
- lease costs of office equipments and motor vehicles
- utility bills
- advertising costs
- Cash flow bonus. In addition to the total disability benefit, there is a cash flow bonus paid to you in order to help you cope with the ups and downs of your eligible business overheads. This means that in months where you have lower business expenses, any unpaid monthly benefit can be carried over to the next month.
- Overseas transport benefit. You will be reimbursed for your airfare cost if the insured has been outside Australia for 30 days and rendered disabled for 14 days.
- Tax deductible premiums. Premiums are counted as business expenses thus, it becomes tax deductible.
- Automatic increase to your cover. There is an automatic increase in your maximum monthly benefit based on the percentage increase in the CPI. This means that your premium always stays relevant to the inflation.
- 12-month recovery. You will be reimbursed for whatever business expenses for up to one year that you are unable to work.
- Waiting period feature. This feature lets you return to work during the waiting period for 5 days or less in a row without the waiting period starting again.
- Worldwide cover. This gives you peace of mind knowing that wherever you are in the world, you are covered 24/7.