Enjoy a discounted rate and complete flexibility with the Professional Package Variable Rate
The AMP Bank Professional Package Variable Rate Loan offers a competitive variable rate, your choice of features from the AMP Bank range of home loans and full transaction banking using ATMs and eftpos.
The AMP Bank Professional Package Variable Rate Loan offers professionals a competitive variable home loan with a discounted variable interest rate.
|Product Name||AMP Professional Package Variable Rate Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$100,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||10 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||90%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||Yes|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$349 p.a.|
- Make additional payments with no penalty and access those funds via the redraw facility
- You can link a 100% offset account to your loan
- There is a $349 annual package fee
- A discharge fee of $100 applies when you close your home loan account
Features of the AMP Bank Professional Package Variable Rate Loan
The AMP Bank Professional Package Variable Rate Loan has a wide range of features, including:
- Borrowing conditions. The AMP Bank Professional Package Variable Rate Loan is available to borrowers who would like to borrow between $100,000 and $2,000,000. The maximum loan-to-value ratio (LVR) is 90%. However, if you borrow more than 80% you will have to pay for lenders mortgage insurance (LMI). It's important to note that your interest rate will change depending on the amount you are borrowing. The term of the loan can be from 10 to 30 years.
- Extra repayments. You can make additional repayments onto the AMP Bank Professional Package Variable Rate Loan loan at any time for no extra charge. This will help you pay off the loan faster while reducing the interest that will be charged to your account. If you make additional repayments you can then redraw them for no extra charge. This is a handy feature that can give you access to your funds quickly while still taking advantage of the low-interest repayments while you had the money in the loan account.
- Portability. If you would like to move the loan to other investments or another property you can do so for a fee of while using the AMP Bank Professional Package Variable Rate Loan. While you still have to pay the fee you will save money by not paying all the costs associated with applying for a new loan.
- Mortgage offset account. A mortgage offset account is an account that you can deposit your savings into. These funds will then be offset on the total amount owing on your loan when the interest is calculated. So the more money you have in the offset account, the less money you will pay on interest.
- Split the loan. The AMP Bank Professional Package Variable Rate Loan allows you to split the loan into up to 10 different sub-accounts (a minimum of $10,000 each). This is handy if you have many investments tied up in the loan and would like to manage each one individually. Separate statements will be issued for each of the sub-accounts.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Establishment fee $220-$440. The establishment fee covers the cost of setting up your loan.
- Settlement fee. $0 AMP is currently waiving the $250 settlement fee.
- Valuation fee $220-$440. The valuation fee varies depending on the property's value and location. Properties valued at less than $1 million in metropolitan areas incur a fee of $220. For properties under $1 million in non-metropolitan areas the fee is $330. If the property's value is over $1 million the valuation fee is $440 in all areas.
How to apply for this loan
If you'd like to apply for the AMP Professional Package Variable Rate home loan, you can fill in the form available on the right-hand side of this page. A home loan specialist will then contact you to discuss your borrowing needs.
The call back is obligation-free and it will not be recorded on your credit file.
When applying for this loan, you may need to supply the following:
- Personal details: Date of birth, driver's licence, current address.
- Employment details: Current occupation, income, employer details.
- Financial details: Any assets that you may currently hold, and debts or liabilities that you have (e.g. credit card debt).
- Loan details: Purchase price and loan purpose.
To be eligible for the AMP Professional Package Variable Rate home loan, you need to be:
- Residency. An Australian citizen and/or permanent resident for tax purposes
- Age. Aged 18 years or over
The AMP Bank Professional Package Variable Rate Loan offers a competitive loan package with a discounted interest rate and useful features such as a redraw facility and the ability to make additional repayments, which can help you save more.