Enjoy a platinum credit card from American Express with MoneyBack on purchases and a competitive balance transfer rate offer.
Important InformationThe American Express Platinum Money Back credit card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of American Express credit cards here.
American Express platinum credit cards are synonymous with exclusivity and lucrative benefits, but now American Express is upping the rewards with a card that also offers competitive rates and fees. The American Express Platinum MoneyBack credit card lets you earn up to 5% MoneyBack on purchases, while at the same time providing a low annual fee and a balance transfer rate offer. All these features come along with the standard platinum benefits you’ve come to expect from an American Express credit card.
Benefits of being an American Express Platinum cardholder
- Refund and Purchase Protection. American Express will repair or refund the cost of eligible items bought on your card that are damaged or stolen, or if you change your mind within 90 days of purchase.
- Online Fraud Protection Guarantee. If you notice unusual activity on your statements, you won’t be held responsible for unauthorised charges if you let American Express know as soon as you are aware, and no later than the due date for payment on the statement on which you noticed the activity.
- Global card support. American Express offers 24/7 account assistance wherever you are in the world.
- Emergency card replacement. If you lose your card or it is stolen, American Express will replace it within 48 hours anywhere in the world. You will not be held accountable for any charges made after you’ve notified the company that you need a new card.
Features of the American Express Platinum Money Back
- MoneyBack offer. American Express will give you 5% MoneyBack up to $300 in the first three months on purchases, which reverts to 1% on an uncapped amount of purchases after the first three months.
- Balance transfer. If you’re a new card member you can transfer over an existing balance and pay 0.99% p.a. for up to 6 months. A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies to any balances transferred.
- Interest-free days. Enjoy up to 44 days interest-free on purchases.
- Interest rate. You will be charged a competitive interest rate of 20.74% p.a. on purchases.
- Additional cardholders. You can have up to four additional cards linked to your account for cardholders over the age of 18. Additional cards come at no cost.
- Low annual fee. A low annual fee of $99 applies to this card.
Pros and cons
- MoneyBack. The MoneyBack offer is more flexible than other credit card reward programs as it puts money straight into your account and lets you spend it how you choose.
- Additional cardholders. Having four additional cardholders can help you earn more rewards as there is no cap for the MoneyBack offer after the first three months.
- One annual fee. There is no additional annual fee charged for the four supplementary cards.
- 44 days interest-free. You only receive up to 44 days interest-free.
- Balance transfer fee. There is a 1% balance transfer fee which may offset the benefits of having a balance transfer offer.