With the American Express Velocity Gold Card, you can get up to 15,000 Velocity Points on your first spend.
The American Express Velocity Gold is no longer be available for new applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The credit card cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare the current range of American Express credit cards: click here.
The American Express Velocity Gold Card rewards you for making purchases on your credit card through the Virgin Australia’s Velocity Reward Program. If you apply for the card and spend $500 or more on your card within the first 3 months, you can receive a bonus reward of up to 15,000 Velocity Points which you can redeem however you wish.
If the Velocity Gold Card isn’t right for you, American Express offers a range of other credit cards designed meet your varying needs.
American Express Velocity Gold Card Review
The American Express Velocity Gold Card is much more than just a generic credit card. The Velocity Gold Card provides you with plenty of rewards and incentives, going beyond a regular credit card. The card is designed to maximise your Velocity points and help you escape sooner and travel in style regularly. This is a competitive Velocity card, but you may also opt for the American Express Velocity Escape Card and the American Express Velocity Premium Card on offer.
Features of the American Express Velocity Gold Card
- Annual fee. The American Express Velocity Gold Card has a regular annual fee of $199.
- Rates. This card has an interest rate of 20.74% p.a. on purchases. Please note that American Express cards do not offer cash advances, so it is something you need to register for.
- Interest-free period. The American Express Velocity Gold Card has an interest-free period of up to 44 days for purchases.
- Rewards program. This card is a very rewarding credit card that allows you to reward yourself. When you use your Velocity Gold Card, you will receive 2.00 Velocity Points for every dollar spent on eligible purchases at Virgin Australia, as well as at major supermarkets and petrol stations in Australia. You will also earn 1.00 point for eligible card purchases on insurances offered by American Express, and on purchases with all other providers. If used as payment for utilities, other insurance companies, telecommunication providers, and Government bodies, you receive 0.50 points per dollar spent.
- Maximum credit limit - The Velocity Gold Card has a maximum credit limit of $50,000.
- Security features - American Express cards are secure, and you have the peace of mind knowing you are protected against fraudulent purchases.
- World class service. American Express provides you with world class service, including the ability to access and manage your account online, instant alerts, Gold Customer Service, refund protection, purchase protection, online fraud protection, and emergency card replacement.
- Complimentary insurances. When you purchase travel on your American Express Velocity Gold Card, you will receive complimentary domestic and international travel insurance, as well as travel inconvenience cover. These provide you with the protection you need while travelling free of charge.
- Rewards program. This card is linked to Virgin Australia's Velocity Rewards Program, and there's a range of lucrative rewards available for your selection to spoil yourself or someone special.
How to apply for the American Express Velocity Gold Card
If the American Express Velocity Gold Card sounds like it could be a good card for you, you can apply online by following a few easy steps.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant is a permanent Australian resident or a holder of a Business Long Stay Visa
- Applicant must be earning a personal annual income of $40,000 or more
- Applicant must have good credit history
- If you are self-employed, you must be trading for at least 18 months, or 12 months if you are a current American Express cardholder.
- Income details
- Contact details
- Driver's license
- Velocity membership number (if you're already a member)
The American Express Velocity Gold Card is just one of the many rewarding credit cards available on the market. Start comparing credit cards today to find the one that's suitable for you.Back to top