Compare American Express Coupon Codes and Discounts
Known for its internationally acclaimed credit card offerings, American Express is a worldwide company able to provide an array of financial services, including travel insurance. The travel insurance plans offered to Australians are wide reaching with plenty of options.
Instead of a generic policy that charges you for covers you won’t ever need, American Express allows you to add on to your policy those covers that mean the most to you. You can customise your policy to include special clauses for golfers or skiers. Why pay for a service you won’t need, when American Express lets you choose the ones you want.
American Express promo codes and discount vouchers for December 2016
How do I use my American Express Coupon?
- Follow this secure link through to the American Express Website
- Fill in the details of your trip in the enquire form
- Compare the different policies available and prices for each
- Fill in your personal details
Pros and cons of American Express
- Extra covers. With travel insurance from American Express you can add your own features to give an extra level of protection to suit your cover requirements.
- Convenience. American Express will give you a free quote online and allow you to purchase your policy entirely online. The documents you need will be sent to you instantly.
- 24 hour assistance. You will have access day and night to an emergency service that can assist you with any medical need while you are travelling abroad.
- Age restrictions. The single trip covers have specific age requirements that will inhibit some older Australians from taking advantage of the travel insurance.
Claiming with American Express
You can find the necessary claims form on the American Express website. Once complete, the form can be sent via email or through the post to be processed.
Claims must be filed within 30 days of the event or as quickly as possible if certain circumstances have caused a delay.
Any supporting evidence to your claim must be submitted along with the claim form. This would include any type of medical or police report, or receipts and valuations.
American Express company History
American Express is one of the most well known financial brands in the world. The company offers a range of financial services to individuals and businesses both large and small, becoming the world’s largest card issuer when measured in purchase volume.
With close to 110 million active credit cards and a worldwide workforce of an estimated 62,000 employees, American Express is an institution with a stellar reputation. Its operations expand to over 130 countries, making it easy to use their services no matter where in the world you are.
Types of travel insurance provided by American Express
Annual multi trip insurance. By purchasing this annual insurance policy, all of your trips are covered for up to 45 days consecutively for the entire year.
Single trip insurance. The single trip plans offered by American Express allow for you to personalise your policy by choosing between a wide range of options.
Luggage upgrade. If you are travelling with expensive items, you can increase the amount of coverage for your personal effects and travel documents.
Rental vehicle excess. In the event of a lost, stolen or damaged rental car, this special option will allow you to be covered beyond the standard rental vehicle coverage. If necessary, it will even cover the cost of returning the car if you are unable to.
So if you are looking to save on your travel insurance even more - take advantage of this special promotion and save!