If you're passionate about winter sports and want comprehensive coverage, then check out American Express Snow Cover Travel Insurance
As much as you can carefully plan and organise your next adventure, consider that even the best laid plans can be disrupted by unforeseeable circumstances. When it comes to planning a snow holiday, you can expect to be faced with events such as unexpected changes in the weather or your valuable ski equipment being stolen, lost or damaged.
So, it is important to consider having protective cover in place when things don't go according to plan at the time of your ski holiday. American Express Snow Cover Travel Insurance can provide financial relief for any damage or loss of your ski equipment and weather-related events, allowing you a greater peace of mind to enjoy your holiday to the fullest.
Receive a Quote for AMEX Snow Cover Travel Insurance
Who Underwrites American Express Snow Cover Travel Insurance?
American Express Travel Insurance is issued and underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687
Why should you get AMEX Snow Cover?
American Express travel insurance policies do not just protect you if your airline loses your luggage or when you need to seek medical assistance overseas, but also to make sure that your carefully laid plans come off without a hitch. If they don’t, your travel insurance cover will help you to make alternative arrangements that are just as good.
American Express also offers protection cover tailored for travellers who are looking to embark on a skiing journey. Can be purchased as a standalone policy additional option with the following plans:
American Express snow cover travel insurance includes cover for:
- Own snow equipment: If your snow equipment if stolen, accidentally damaged or lost, American Express will pay the cost or the value to replace the items.
- Snow sport equipment hire: Reimburses you the cost of hiring alternative equipment if your snow sport equipment is lost, stolen or damaged, or if your equipment if misdirected or delayed for more than 24 hours.
- Unused Winter Sports Costs: Provides cover for pre-booked ski hire, tuition fees, lift passes, ski passes if you are unable to use them as a result of Accidental Injury, Disease or Sickness.
- Snow ski pack: If you are unable to use the full amount of your pre-booked and pre-paid ski passes, ski hire, tuition fees or lift passes because of illness or injury during your journey, your travel insurance will reimburse you any costs you are unable to recover in cancelling these services. You are required to provide a medical certificate for this claim.
- Piste closure: Your travel insurance will provide a benefit for every 24 hour period that your pre-booked holiday resort and lift systems are closed because of insufficient snow, bad weather or power failure. The benefit will pay for either the cost of your transport to the nearest resort, or for the cost of additional ski passes.
- Bad weather and avalanche closure: Covers you for reasonable additional travel and accommodation expenses if your pre booked outward or return journey is delayed for more than 12 hours because of an avalanche or bad weather.
How much cover will I get with this plan?
The amount of cover you receive will depend on the type of policy that you have opted for with your snow cover option, as shown from the following table:
|Single Trip International Basic||Single Trip International Essential||Single Trip International Comprehensive||Single Trip Australia Domestic||Annual Multi-Trip International||Annual Multi-Trip Domestic|
|Own snow sport equipment||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|Snow sport equipment hire||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|Unused Winter Sports Costs||$750||$750||$750||$750||$750||$750|
|Bad weather and avalanche closure||$750||$750||$750||$750||$750||$750|
Who can apply?
You are eligible to apply for American Express Snow Cover policy if you are:
- Under 70 years of age for multi-trip cover or under 80 years old for other plans;
- An Australian resident;
- Purchasing the policy before you commence your ski trip;
- Commencing and ending your journey in Australia.
In addition, you are also required to nominate the applicable Geographical region for your journey:
- Region 1 - Pacific: American Samoa, Ashmore & Cartier Islands, Bali, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Island, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Heard Island & McDonald Island, Kiribati, Marshall Island, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis & Futuna Islands.
- Region 2 - Asia: Not including Russia, Japan and Bali.
- Region 3 - Europe: Europe, Russia and UK.
- Region 4 - Worldwide: North, Central & South America (including Hawaii and the Caribbean), Africa, Japan, Middle East, Antarctica and other destinations not listed from the other three regions.
When your passion is snow sports and you plan your travel around the pursuit and development of these skills and experiences, you want to make sure that everything is able to go to plan when you touch down in snow country.