With a 30,000 bonus Qantas Points offer and up to 2.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent, the Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card makes a convenient and rewarding choice.
With a worthwhile rewards program and complimentary insurance covers, you’ll be able to take advantage of premium services and save money at the same time. New card members receive 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, get approved and spend $3,000 within the first three months of card membership.
|Product Name||Qantas American Express Premium Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 12 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (20.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||70% of available credit limit|
|Maximum Balance Transfer Amount||$10,000|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.74% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$249 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Card Type||American Express|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$249 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2.5% or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$30|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- New card members can receive 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when they apply online, get approved and meet the minimum required spend.
- Enjoy 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months.
- Request up to 4 supplementary cardholders at no extra cost.
- A rate of 1.25 points per dollar spent on everyday purchases is a decent reward for your spending.
- There is only up to 44 days interest-free when you make a purchase on this card.
- This card charges a relatively high annual fee of $249.
- A one-time 1% balance transfer fee applies.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||30,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (AMEX)||1.25|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||Uncapped|
Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card review
The Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card includes a rewards program that lets you earn up to 2.25 Qantas Points for every dollar you spend on eligible purchases. This means that when you buy everyday items like groceries, you can earn reward points that you can redeem later for travel expenses.
New customers receive 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, get approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on your new card within the first three months of card membership.
With this credit card, you'll get premium features like access to complimentary insurance covers, Qantas Club lounge invitations, and more.
Benefits of the Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card
- 30,000 bonus Qantas Points. Earn 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases using your new card within the first three months of card membership. This offer is available to new card members, as well as bank-issued American Express companion cardholders.
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months. The Qantas American Express Premium Card comes with an introductory offer of 0% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers (a one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies). After this period, any unpaid balances will attract the standard interest rate on purchases, currently at 20.74% p.a.
- Get up to 2.25 points for every dollar spent. You can earn 1.25 Qantas Points for every dollar spent on eligible purchases and an additional 1 Qantas Point per $1 when paying for selected Qantas products and services in Australia. You also earn 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent towards the government.
- Qantas Club lounge invitations. As a Qantas American Express Premium cardholder, you will qualify to receive 2 Qantas Club Lounge invitations after your first card spend each anniversary year on selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
- Complimentary Qantas epiQure Premium Membership. You can apply to Qantas epiQure Premium for free as long as you continue to hold your Qantas American Express Premium Card. This program rewards you with 3 Qantas Points per $1 spent on qantasepiqure.com.au.
- Get a supplementary card for free and earn more. By choosing to get a free supplementary card for a family member to use, you can earn points and rewards faster. Purchases on both cards can earn points which means you can rack them up faster and get your rewards sooner.
- Travel inconvenience cover is available through your card. Delayed flights can cost you both time and money. While your Qantas AMEX Premium Credit Card can't make up for your lost time, it can prevent you from losing money due to delayed flights. With travel inconvenience insurance, you're covered for up to $200 for delayed flight departures.
- Transit accident cover keeps you safe while travelling. If you are injured while using public transportation during your travels, you can be covered for up to $200,000. With this feature, you and your family can feel safe and your trip shall be more enjoyable.
- Medical cover can save you money on hefty medical bills. You'll also receive Medical Emergency Expenses insurance. This will cover up to $2,500,000 in medical expenses in the event that you get hurt or sick and need medical attention while travelling.
- Baggage, Money and Documents Cover protect your property while on holiday. With this complimentary insurance through your credit card, you can get coverage of up to $5,000 if you lose your baggage, money, or any documents. They will also be covered if they are damaged.
- Travel Cancellation insurance can put money back in your pocket through AMEX. Sometimes emergencies come up, and either you have to cancel a planned trip or the agency in question must cancel your arrangements. When this happens, it can cost you money. However, with travel cancellation coverage, you can get up to $7,500 to cover any cancellations.
Features of the Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card
There are a number of other features that you'll be able to gain access to once you're approved for the Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card.
- Online account access. You'll also be able to access your account at any time through the online interface. You can even get mobile access through your smartphone.
- Mobile payments. You can set up Apply Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay to make contactless mobile payments with your smart device.
- Instant alerts. At no additional cost to you, you'll be able to sign up for instant alerts so you know exactly what's happening in your account.
- Global Card Support. This feature ensures that you'll get account assistance day and night, anywhere you are in the world
- Refund protection. You can also get a refund through American Express if you're denied one on an unused eligible purchase within 90 days after your purchase.
- Purchase protection. This will cover any repairs or refunds on certain purchases if they're accidentally broken or stolen within 90 days of buying them.
- Online fraud protection. This is a guarantee that says you won't be held responsible for unauthorised or fraudulent charges on your card if you notify American Express upon discovery of the activity.
- Emergency card replacement. If you lose or have your card stolen, you can get a replacement card within a few days (sometimes within one working day) almost anywhere in the world.
How to apply for the Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card
If you think this offer suits you, you can apply for the card online. Before you apply, make sure you've met the eligibility criteria and organised the necessary documents:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a current Business Long Stay Visa
- Earn a minimum of $40,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit history free of defaults
- Driver's licence, passport, Medicare card, and/or Australian birth certificate for identification purposes
- Payslips or other financial documents to prove your income
- Employer's name and address
- Lists of financial liabilities and assets
The Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card offers a great rewards program along with additional features like balance transfers and complimentary insurance covers. Be sure to compare this card with other available options to get the most valuable deal for your needs.