American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card
Offers a big 120,000 bonus Qantas Points, no pre-set spending limit and travel perks, with a $450 annual fee.
The American Express Qantas Business Rewards card helps business owners keep track of expenses, earn Qantas Points and get access to other business and travel perks. Right now, it offers 120,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply for a new Amex Qantas Business Rewards card by 12 January 2022 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months from card approval.
Per $ spent
Interest free period
|Product Name||American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card|
|Rewards program||Qantas Business Rewards|
|Purchase rate||0% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 51 days on purchases|
|Card type||American Express|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 120,000 bonus Qantas Points
- No pre-set spending limit and up to 51 days cash flow
- 2 complimentary domestic Qantas Club lounge passes per card membership year
- Charges a relatively high annual fee of $450
- As this is a charge card, you can’t carry a balance from month-to-month
|Rewards program||Qantas Business Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1.25|
|Rewards points cap||Uncapped|
|Minimum monthly repayment||100% of the closing balance outstanding|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||99|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
This charge card gives you a way to manage business spending and collect frequent flyer points through the Qantas Business Rewards program. Its earn rates range from 0.5 to 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent, with triple points offered when you book eligible Qantas flights. Instead of charging interest, this card offers up to 51 days to pay off purchases during your statement period – and you’ll need to pay back all of what you spend by the due date. You can also add up to 99 additional cardholders, set up a transaction feed through MYOB and make payments to merchants that don’t accept Amex directly through American Express AccessLine.
The lounge invitations and complimentary domestic and international travel insurance are also great added perks. As it charges a relatively high annual fee of $450, you would need to use some of these extras to make sure you got the most value from it.
How to applyIf you've decided the American Express Qantas Business Rewards card is the right account for your business, you can apply by clicking through to the secure application form. For quicker processing, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the relevant details and documents on hand:
- Minimum income. Your business must have an annual revenue of at least $75,000.
- New cardholder. To be eligible for the introductory bonus points offer, you cannot currently hold or have held an American Express card in the last 18 months.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Business details. You must have a valid ABN (Australian Business Number) and your business must be registered for GST.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit history with no payment defaults.
- Personal details. You will need to provide personal information including your full name, contact number and email address. You'll also need to provide the details of your personal pre-tax income.
- Business details. This includes your business name, contact details and business financial information.
- Qantas Business Rewards details. You will need to provide the details of your Qantas Business Rewards membership to earn points with this card. If you're not already a member, you can sign up online through the Qantas website. A one-off joining fee of $89.50 applies, unless it is varied by Qantas. Sometimes there are also free sign-up offers, similar to the ones you can find for the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
- Bonus Qantas Points. Earn 120,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply for this card by 12 January 2022 and spend $3,000 in the first 2 months from card approval. The points will be credited to your Qantas Business Rewards account within 8 to 12 weeks of meeting the spend requirement.
- Shop Small points offer. Earn an extra 3 Qantas Points per $1 spent and support other small businesses. Just save the American Express Shop Small offer to your card and spend with participating businesses by 31 March 2022. This offer is valid both in store and online and you can earn a maximum total of 40,000 extra points. Check out Finder's news story on Shop Small for a breakdown of how it works.
- Triple Qantas Points for business flights. Use this card to book business travel through Qantas Business Rewards and you'll earn triple Qantas Points on eligible Qantas flights with QF booking code when they are operated by Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines. Note that eligible flights must also be purchased in Australia (for both domestic and international travel).
- Qantas Points per $1 spent. This card earns 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services, 1.25 points per $1 spent on everyday purchases and 0.5 points per $1 spent on utilities, non-American Express insurance policies and with government bodies.
- American Express AccessLine. With this card, you can use the American Express AccessLine platform to make payments to domestic and international merchants, even if they don't accept American Express card payments. Just pre-register your suppliers and make payments through the online system using your Amex card. A 2.15% trade service fee applies for this option.
- Qantas Club lounge invitations. To claim the 2 complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year, you'll need to register your Qantas Frequent Flyer number with your American Express Qantas Business Rewards card, then use it to make an eligible Qantas purchase during your membership year. This could include Qantas flights with a QF flight number, Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Business Rewards membership fees or Qantas Club joining or membership fees. The lounge invitations will be assigned to the account within 1-2 weeks of meeting this spend requirement, and you can then access them by visiting the Complimentary Invitations Portal.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Enjoy complimentary domestic and international travel insurance for you, your partner, your dependents and any additional card members when you use your card to purchase return domestic or international flights for business travel. For full terms and conditions, read the insurance policy booklet available on the American Express website.
- Mobile payments. You can add this card to Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay, which allows you to make payments directly from your compatible mobile phone or device.
- Accounting features and services. This card offers integration with MYOB, which allows you to set up an automatic data feed of your card transactions. You can also keep track of expenses, statements and account details through your American Express account.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $450.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 99 additional cards at no extra cost.
- Repayments. This is a charge card, so the balance must be paid in full by the due date on each statement.
- Interest-free period. This card offers up to 51 days interest-free for each statement period. Note that the number of interest-free days will depend on when in your statement cycle each purchase is made. As an example, a transaction made on the first day of your statement period would be interest-free for the full 51 days, while a transaction on the second day would get 50 days interest-free, and one made on day 50 of your statement cycle would be interest-free for one day only.
- Complimentary Qantas Business Rewards membership. While a Qantas Business Rewards membership usually costs $89.50, there is no membership fee if your business has the American Express Qantas Business Reward Card.