The American Express Platinum Rewards card lets you maximise your rewards points per $1 spent.
Use the American Express Platinum Rewards credit card to earn points to redeem for a variety of rewards while saving money through special promotions. As a cardholder you’ll also enjoy interest-free days, complimentary supplementary cards and fraud protection.
AMEX Platinum Rewards Card Discontinued
The American Express Platinum Rewards Credit Card is no longer available for application. We've left this page up for exisiting cardholders and those who may be interested in historical information.
American Express Platinum Rewards credit card review
American Express Platinum Rewards credit card provides reward points for your everyday spending. The reward points structure is also suitable for everyday life where points can be earned on eligible purchases. Additional purchase insurance on purchases also helps shoppers. Supplementary cards can be used to ensure all the expenses of the household take place through a single account and earn points. However, this card does not have complimentary travel insurance which can mean an out of pocket expense for frequent flyers.
Benefits of American Express Platinum Rewards credit card
Some of the benefits of this card are:
- Reward points. Cardholders will be rewarded as they spend and can earn up to 2 points per dollar spent. You can also earn points per dollar spent on utility bills.
- Airline rewards. Frequent travellers will be happy to know that your points can be used to shop for thousands of products online or can be redeemed with nine airline rewards partner programs.
- Additional cards. You can get a hold of 4 additional cards at no extra cost. This can be a good way for families to spend and pool points under the same account.
- Refund and Purchase Protection. If goods bought on the card are stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase, they will be repaired or the cost refunded.
Features of American Express Platinum Rewards credit card
Some of the features of this card are:
- Fraud protection. If there is any unusual activity on card, customers are not held accountable for unauthorised charges when they inform the firm about it.
- Interest-free days. The card comes with 55 interest-free days which can reduce the interest cost on purchases.
- Emergency card replacement. If the card is lost or stolen, it can be replaced virtually anywhere in the world within 48 hours.
- Interest rate. The interest rate on purchases is 20.74% p.a.
How to apply for American Express Platinum Rewards credit card
If this card meets your requirement, you can proceed with the online application form for this card.
- Age. Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Resident. They should be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a Business Long Stay Visa (subclass 457).
- Minimum income. Applicants must have a pre-tax income of $40,000 p.a.
- Credit history. They should have no history of bad debt or payment default.
- Self-employed. If self-employed, they must be trading for at least 18 months or 12 months if they have an existing AMEX card.
- Personal details. Name, date of birth, contact information and other personal details are needed.
- Employer details. Contact details and address of the employer are needed.
- Financial details. The form requires details about the income and expenses of the applicant.
- Identification. It requires driver’s licence or Medicare card or Australian birth certificate.