Enjoy 120,000 bonus points, exclusive travel perks and no pre-set spending limit with the American Express Platinum Business Card.
The American Express Platinum Business Card is a convenient way to manage business expenses, maximise your reward points and enjoy premium perks through one account. If you sign up for this charge card by 29 August 2018 and spend $5,000 within 2 months from approval, you can kickstart your points balance with 120,000 bonus Membership Rewards points.
You'll gain access to over 1,200 airline lounges in over 130 countries with the American Express Global Lounge Collection and receive complimentary travel insurance and luxury hotel benefits. Managing your business will also be easier with the Platinum Business Concierge service, Cash Flow Management that offers up to 55 days to pay for purchases and up to 99 additional cards at no extra cost.
|Product Name||American Express Platinum Business Card|
|Rewards Program||Membership Rewards|
|Offer end date||29 August 2018|
|Annual fee||$1,750 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Card Type||American Express|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$1,750 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||100%|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||99|
- You will receive 120,000 bonus points when you apply by 29 August 2018, are approved and spend $5,000 within the first 2 months of card membership.
- This card has no pre-set spending limit.
- Take advantage of platinum perks from the Accor Plus loyalty program and hotel elite status tiers.
- The annual fee of $1,750 p.a. is relatively high.
|Rewards Program||Membership Rewards|
|Bonus Points||120,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (AMEX)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of the American Express Platinum Business Card
- 120,000 bonus points offer. New and approved cardholders who apply by 29 August 2018 will receive 120,000 bonus points when they spend $5,000 in the first 2 months of card activation. Cardholders who currently hold or have previously held an American Express card in the preceding 18-month period are ineligible for this bonus points offer.
- Earn Membership Rewards points. For every $1 spent in Australian restaurants or on airlines and accommodation, you can earn 2 Membership Rewards points, capped at 375,000 points per year (reverting to 1 point or 0.5 points per $1 spent thereafter). Most other purchases offer 1 Membership Rewards point per $1 spent, except for utilities (except those issued by American Express) and government bodies where you earn 0.5 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent. These points can be redeemed for rewards including flights, frequent flyer points, cashback, gift cards and merchandise.
- Complimentary international travel insurance. You can travel with peace of mind with travel inconvenience cover (which will cover flight delays, missed connections and delayed luggage) and platinum travel insurances (regardless of whether or not you've charged the trip to your card). Plus, your dependent children, your spouse and any supplementary card members are also covered by the travel insurance.
- Monthly business expenses insurance. Protect your business finances with monthly business expenses insurance of up to $12,000 if you're unable to attend to your business.
- Airline lounge access. With the American Express Global Lounge Collection, cardholders will receive complimentary Virgin Lounge access, American Express Lounge access, and Priority Pass to access over 1,200 VIP lounges in 130 countries.
- Accor Plus membership. Valued at $395 p.a., primary cardholders can look forward to a complimentary night of accommodation per year and up to 50% off your dining bill in participating hotels.
- Hotel Elite Status. Cardholders are entitled to platinum benefits and privileges from elite hotel tiers, including Hilton Honors Gold.
- Mobile contactless payments. Whether you use an iPhone, Android or Samsung device, you can use Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay to make convenient contactless payments with your smartphone at the checkout.
Features of the American Express Platinum Business Card
- Interest-free period. You'll receive 55 credit-free days on purchases made on the platinum business card.
- Spending limit. The American Express Platinum Business Card has no pre-set spending limit. The use of your card, payment history and credit record will all determine your adjustable purchasing power.
- Annual fee. The American Express Platinum Business Card charges an annual fee of $1,750 p.a.
- Manage business expenses with MYOB. Use MYOB accounting software for a more time efficient and simple way to manage your expenses. You can also keep track of your American Express business expenses with Quicken and Microsoft Excel.
- Up to 99 additional cardholders. You can manage your employees' spending under the one account and request up to 99 additional cardholders for no extra cost.
- Platinum Business Concierge. The Platinum Business Concierge is like your own 24/7 personal assistant. Whether you're looking to manage something in your account or book reservations for a business dinner with a client, you can call 1800 673 760 to get help from your concierge.
How to apply for the American Express Platinum Business Card
If you think the American Express Platinum Business Card could fulfil your business' credit and rewards needs, you can complete an online application within 10 minutes. To increase your chances of approval, though, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have the relevant documents on hand before you apply:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
- You must have a personal, pre-tax annual income of $75,000 or more.
- You'll need proof of your current employment along with contact information for your employer
- Details of your monthly income and expenditures
- Proof of your residency and phone number
When it comes to managing business expenses and rewards, American Express can cover it all. Compare the features of this card with other platinum cards to determine if the high annual fee will be worth it for your business.Back to top