First look at the new American Express Lounge at Sydney Airport
The new lounge is three-times bigger, offers shower suites and boasts live cooking stations.
American Express card members can look forward to a revamped airport oasis with its brand new lounge. The new lounge is located near Gates 50-63 at Sydney Airport T1 International terminal, replacing its existing lounge and opening its doors to Amex cardholders from 23 October 2019.
At over 600 square metres, the new space is three times bigger than the existing lounge. It comprises of three main areas: the quiet resting area with flight information screens and ample views of the tarmac, the social area including booth-style seating, and the dining area which is nestled in between the bar and buffet. Each space is decked out with plenty of seating, tables and charging ports.
Travellers can also freshen up with three shower suites featuring L'Occitane en Provence products. Whether you want to work or relax, you can make use of complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi as well as a range of magazines and newspapers.
Card members can eat and drink their fill with complimentary food and beverages including a range of fresh salads, hot meals, a pizza bar and a number of vegetarian, vegan and wellness options. The live cooking stations are a new addition to the lounge, allowing visitors to watch the masters in the kitchen at work while they wait for their meal. Similar to the previous lounge, the lounge boasts a full bar service including a selection of cocktails (including espresso martinis!) and soft drinks as well as craft and international tap beers.
Card members with the following American Express cards will receive two complimentary entries to American Express lounges each calendar year:
- American Express Explorer credit card
- American Express Business Explorer credit card
- David Jones American Express Platinum card
- American Express Platinum Corporate card
- Qantas American Express Ultimate card
- Qantas American Express Corporate Platinum card
- American Express Westpac Altitude Black card
- American Express Platinum Reserve credit card (not available to all applicants)
- American Express Airpoints Platinum card (issued in New Zealand)
The following three cards offer unlimited complimentary access and card members are also entitled to bring children aged between 0-17 as well as two guests into the lounge:
- American Express Centurion card
- American Express Platinum card
- American Express Platinum Business card
American Express first launched its Sydney lounge in December 2014 and has since opened a lounge at the T2 international terminal at Melbourne Airport as well.
- Qantas Points Auction: What are the best deals?
- Qantas Digital Health Pass: How vaccination passports will work
- HUGE Virgin Australia business class fare discounts – don’t miss out!
- Qantas EXTENDS triple points offer: Last chance to boost yours
- LAST CHANCE: Virgin Australia EOFY sales to get 50% bonus points
Photos: Points Finder.