Golfing as you travel? Get covered for equipment and green fees with American Express Golf Cover Travel Insurance
If you are a passionate golfer, you will take any opportunity to get out on the course, regardless of the weather, or how many times you may have already played that week. Of course the joy of the game is not only mastering your local courses, but treading the greens of some of the world class, world famous courses, which might require a little more travel.
So, if you are planning a trip to a golf course a little further afield, you want to make sure that you are at the top of your game, with every possible obstacle to a perfect game removed. With American Express Golf Cover travel insurance, your protection plan can do much more than look after you when you are sick or replace your personal items that have been stolen. American Express travel insurance with golf cover, either as a standalone plan or additional option to your existing plan, will make sure that you, your equipment and your plans are covered against unforeseen circumstances, allowing you to be at the top of your game.
Receive a quote for AMEX Golf Cover Travel Insurance
Who Underwrites American Express Golf Cover Travel Insurance?
American Express Travel Insurance is issued and underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687
How can I benefit from this plan?
American Express allows you to add golf cover option to your existing travel insurance policy. Alternatively, if you are going away on a trip dedicated specifically for golfing activities, then you may want to consider a standalone golf cover policy. It really depends on the nature of your trip and it is important to carefully consider which option is most suitable to your needs.
American Express Golf Cover as Optional Cover
Golf cover as an additional option is available with the following American Express travel insurance plans:
American Express Golf Cover as a Standalone Policy
If you are spending quality holiday time solely at the golf course, then you may find American Express Golf Cover as a standalone travel insurance policy is more appropriate for your needs. Standalone Golf Cover is only available on single-trip policies and you have the option to choose an individual or family plan. Under this policy, you will also be eligible for luggage and personal effects protection cover.
With American Express Golf Cover travel insurance in place, you can protect your carefully planned golf trip in case of unforeseen circumstances that may affect your entire golfing experience and valuable items, allowing you with greater peace of to enjoy your time to the fullest.
What's covered with this policy?
The American Express Golf Cover Travel Insurance policy covers for:
- Own golf equipment: American Express Golf Cover travel insurance protects your golf equipment that you travel with and it will pay the cost or the value of your golf equipment if it is stolen, damaged or lost. American Express will either replace your golf equipment with the nearest identical item, provide a benefit to pay for the cost of repairing the equipment, or pay the amount insured on your golf cover policy. The benefits paid for your golf equipment will not be more than the original purchase price, more than the replacement cost, or more than the cost to replace or repair part of a pair or set. Your golf equipment is only covered when left in a car during daylight hours and when it was contained within a locked boot or storage compartment, which was forced open. The maximum amount of cover for your equipment that is stolen from the locked boot of a car is $200 for each item and $1,000 in total for all stolen items.
- Golf equipment hire: If you have to hire golf equipment on your golfing holiday, your American Express golf cover can pay for the hire costs, if you are hiring equipment because your own equipment was lost, stolen or damaged and a claim for this event has been made under your Golf Cover policy, or because your golf equipment has been misdirected or delayed on your journey for more than 24 hours.
- Golf green fees: If you become ill or injured during your golf holiday and you are unable to use your greens bookings, your golf cover will pay a benefit to you to cover any non refundable pre paid greens fees.
How much cover will I get?
The amount of cover you will receive will depend on the type cover and plan that you have chosen with your golf cover policy as shown from the following table:
|Single Trip International Basic||Single Trip International Essential||Single Trip International Comprehensive||Single Trip Australia Domestic||Annual Multi-Trip International||Annual Multi-Trip Domestic|
|Own golf equipment||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|Gold equipment hire||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|Golf green fees||$500||$500||$500||$500||$500||$500|
How to apply
You can apply for travel insurance with American Express if you are an Australian resident and you will be covered as long as you purchase your policy before you leave on your journey and your trip begins and ends in Australia. You must be under 80 years old at the time of application or under 65 years of age for multi-trip cover.
American Express Golf Cover can be taken out as an optional extra on your eligible American Express travel insurance policies, or you have the choice take out the cover as a separate policy. You must also nominate the applicable geographical region for your journey:
- For single trip policies: choose the country or countries you are going to.
- For multi-trip policies: If you are planning to visit Africa or the Americas for more than 3 days, choose Worldwide including the Americas and Africa. If not, choose Worldwide excluding the Americas and Africa.
All policies come with a 14 day cooling off period during, which you can cancel your cover and in most cases receive a full refund of any premiums paid, provided no claims have been made.