For the credit card customer who loves to travel, American Express can get you wherever you want.
Important informationThis offer is no longer available in the market. To view our current introductory credit card offers and our guides to their features and benefits, please click here.
American Express Gold Class Tickets Offer review
With a credit line of up to $50,000, you will not have trouble saving up reward points for a dream holiday vacation. Depending on where you use your card the most, you can earn up to 1.000 points for every dollar spent. Save even more money on your trip with the free flight home from Virgin domestic. Taxes will not be applied for this complimentary flight, and you will be allowed to carry up to 23kg of luggage at no charge.
Benefits of being an American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card holder
- Balance transfer offer. Besides an exceptional rewards program, Gold Class Tickets has a helpful balance transfer offer. For a 1% fee for each transaction, you can transfer balances from your other credit cards to the Platinum Edge American Express and pay 0% p.a. interest for the first 12 months. You can transfer up to 10000. Once the 12-month period ends, the interest rate will revert to the current rate for purchases.
- Complimentary insurances. Take care of your travel needs with the complimentary travel insurance offered by Gold Class Tickets and your American Express Card.
- Transport accident insurance. You are covered for up to $300,000 for accidental death or injury involving a plane, train, bus, or ferry while travelling overseas.
- Transport inconvenience. This covers you while travelling within Australia for up to $2,000 if your flight plans are delayed or cancelled, your luggage is lost or stolen, or if you are charged excessive taxi rates.
- Medical emergency. In the event that you or a member of your family needs emergency medical attention during your travels, you will be covered for up to $2,500,000.
- Your personal belongings. Any money, document or baggage that has been lost or stolen will be reimbursed for up to $10,000.
- Cancellation coverage. In the event that your travel plans or flight is cancelled, American Express will cover your costs for up to $10,000.
- Personal liability. Feel secure in your travels with a personal liability insurance of $1,000,000.
- Rewards programme. The Gold Class Ticket Offer is also a comprehensive rewards programme that can boost your rewards points account exponentially.
- Reward points. When you use your card at a participating supermarket, you will earn 3 points for every dollar spent. With petrol station purchases, you earn 2 points per dollar, and 1 point for every dollar on most other purchases. You even earn half a point when you use your American Express to pay bills or for government charges.
- Points redemption. You can redeem your rewards points for flights through various major airline frequent flyer programmes including Qantas.
Features of the American Express Gold Class Tickets Offer
- Interest rate. For purchases made with your American Express card, you will be charged a 20.74% p.a. interest rate.
- Annual fee. Each year that your American Express Platinum Edge Card is active, you will be charged a $195 fee.
- Credit line. Depending on your financial state, you will be offered anywhere from $3,000 up to $50,000 in credit.
- Repayment. A 2.5% repayment of your total balance must be made each month.
- Late Repayment. You will be charged $30 for late repayments.
- International transactions. For any purchase made that requires the conversion of currency into Australian dollars, a 3% charge of the Australian currency amount will be charged.
How to apply for the American Express Gold Class Tickets Offer
To take advantage of this rewards package, click 'Go to site' and be directed to a secure application site. But first, note that certain eligibility requirements will need to be met:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency. Australian citizens, permanent residents, and temporary residents who hold a valid Business Long Stay Visa may apply.
- Income. Please be sure that your annual income before taxes is at least $50,000.
- Credit history. Applicants who show a bad credit history or repayment defaults will be denied.
- Self employed. For those who own their own business, you must be established for at least 18 months, or 12 months if you are an existing American Express customer.
If you feel like you meet the eligibility requirements, have the following documentation ready and begin filling out your application:
- Personal information. In addition to your name, address and contact information, you will be asked to provide your driver’s license number.
- Liabilities. You will have to show a complete list of your current outstanding debts, including credit cards and your balances in comparison to the limit.
- Assets. Have a list of your assets ready. This could include property, automobiles, and any personal belongings.
- Employment. Your employer’s contact information will be needed to confirm that you are grossing more than $50,000 p.a. If self employed, have your accountant’s contact information available.
The travel rewards offered by this programme will allow you to enjoy many trips and vacations. Compare the offer with other credit card rewards packages and find out if this is the one that will maximise your credit card spending with reward points that you can use. Not the American Express card you were after? Compare more AMEX cardsBack to top