Amazon releases full trailer for The Tick
Peter Serafinowicz steps into the blue suit of justice in Amazon's upcoming superhero series.
Amazon Prime Video has largely sold itself in Australia on the strength of its original content programming, having come to the market rather late and, as a result, offering a much smaller range of third party programming.
This original content includes popular series such as The Grand Tour and American Gods and, from next month, a series reboot for The Tick. Amazon has just released its first full trailer for The Tick, which you can watch below.
The Tick has previously been adapted for the small screen via both a live action TV series starring Patrick Warburton and a cartoon series, but this is a whole new effort spun off from a range of pilots that Amazon commissioned last year, starring Peter Serafinowicz in the lead role.
Amazon actually released the pilot for The Tick in the US last year, but when Amazon Prime Video launched in Australia, it was, for unknown reasons, nowhere to be seen. Not to worry, however, as the first half of the 12-part series will debut here on 25 August 2017, with the second half set to appear in early 2018.
- How to stream Australian Open tennis live and for free
- How to stream tennis live online in Australia
- How to live stream One-Day International cricket in Australia
- Australians are really obsessed with Marie Kondo’s Tidying Up
- This week in streaming: The Punisher returns and a new True Detective is born