Amazon Prime Video lands on Xbox One in Australia
Stream Amazon's original shows on Microsoft's popular console from today.
While it has adopted a "less is more" approach in terms of sheer content volume (no doubt also affected by its late entry into the local market), Amazon Prime Video has also struggled somewhat in terms of compatible local devices.
Amazon has just announced that the Amazon Prime Video service is now available for owners of Microsoft's Xbox One consoles through the Xbox Store. The app itself isn't entirely new, but it has taken some time to deliver it to the local version of the store, given that the actual service launched nearly 12 months ago in Australia.
The Amazon Prime Video app for Xbox One is a free download, but subscription fees do apply. As it has done since launch, customers signing up for Amazon Prime Video in Australia can watch the service for just US$2.99 per month for the first six months, after which time you'll be charged $US5.99 per month. Bear in mind also that streaming video uses up data, whether you're doing so from home broadband or a mobile device.
Want to know everything coming to Amazon Prime Video in November? Check out our complete guide to what's new on Australian streaming services in November here.
- New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Stan, Foxtel, BINGE and more in August 2021
- How to stream The Grand Tour Presents: Lochdown for free in Australia
- The Pursuit of Love: How to stream the comedy-drama free in Australia and preview
- Jungle Cruise: How to watch online in Australia and release time
- How to redeem your PS5 Apple TV+ 6-month free trial in Australia