Amazon Prime Day watch deals 2020
Prime Day has arrived and your favourite stylish watches just got way more affordable.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Amazon Prime Day is a key shopping date for Prime members all over the world. If you're looking to secure a discount and you love the convenience of shopping online at Amazon, there really is no better time to score a sweet deal than right now.
Whether you're shopping for big brands and striking designs, smart watches and fitness trackers, or something to help your little one learn to tell the time, Amazon Prime Day looks set to bring some of the very best watch deals and discounts your way. What's more, this limited time only sale has arrived just in time for you to save big on gifts for Christmas. Seize the day and get a watch for a steal right now at Amazon.
Scroll on to see all the awesome deals across watches and wrist wear on offer throughout the Amazon Prime Day event. Trust us, these are too good to miss.
While you wait for the next Amazon Prime Day, here are some other watch deals:
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an unmissable shopping event that's hosted annually exclusively for Prime members. It's become so popular that many people sign up for the free trial just so they can access the exclusive deals and discounts too. The event comprises a limited-time shopping window where prices are slashed across a massive range of products, up to 85% off.
Because of the exclusivity of this sale and the jaw-dropping discounts that are usually on the table, Amazon Prime Day is now giving other high-profile sale events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday a run for their money.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
This year, Amazon has switched up its calendar slightly and, instead of its traditional mid-July sale, the event has been scheduled for October. Amazon Prime Day this year is set to be a two-day event that will run from midnight on 13 October through to 11:59 PM on 14 October, making this year's sale the biggest one to date.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
As with most Amazon Prime sales, pre-sale discounts will start to appear as the event draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started more than two weeks before the official sale date and lucky Prime members were offered some amazing deals during this period, including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships and discounted Amazon music subscriptions.
Another way to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is by asking Alexa. Last year, Alexa gave out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours before the sale event started, so we'd recommend asking your Echo about Prime deals from around 9pm the night before the sale.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, you may find that you'll be able to get some insider info on a variety of the exclusive deals days ahead of Prime Day, giving you a sneak peek of what's to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is organised by what Amazon calls "Lightning Deals". These deals only last for a very limited time and once they're gone, they're gone for good. As such, it's a good idea to plan out exactly what you want to buy before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
It pays to be prepared for the Amazon Prime Day sale event. Here are our top tips and tricks to help you shop savvier this year:
- Recognise the good deals and dodge the bluffs. The Prime Day Lightning Deals are fast-paced and frenzy-inducing. New ones are added as frequently as every five minutes, which can quickly turn your online shopping spree into chaos. While you will need to act quickly to secure the products you want, resist the urge to keep hitting "Add to Cart" on every product you see. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it claims to be, because a good deal is only a good deal until it isn't.
- Pay attention to the fine print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, don't actually reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale lands. Pause to check these all-important details before pouncing on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never, ever go into a sale event without a clear goal. Set aside some time before the start of the event and think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. By giving your shopping spree a purpose, you'll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn't really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to shop speedily in order to snatch up the best discounts. This could result in you skipping out on reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would, which isn't a great idea. Reading product reviews is vital, unless you're already familiar with the product and know for sure it's what you want.
- Compare prices. As Amazon Prime Day is being launched close to Black Friday this year, it's a good idea to check out competing deals online. By now, other retailers are very aware of Amazon's biggest deal day of the year, so there's a chance you could find similar or even better deals by shopping around.
- Check returns policies. Yes, most Amazon products are eligible for return within a specified period, which varies depending on the purchased item. However, it doesn't hurt to double-check the info before you buy so that you know exactly where you stand should the need to return an item arise.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, shop hands-free by voice shopping with Alexa.
Ask an Expert