FREE 30-day trial for Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime Day video game deals 2022
Amazon has announced its annual members-only sale dates and now is the best time to secure video games at a steal.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Amazon Prime Day 2021 is now in full swing. Here are the top video deals from the sale you need to know about:
Amazon Prime Day is a relatively new yet unmissable sale event that Prime members look forward to. The anticipation surrounding this year's sale while we wait to see what discounts will be offered on video games is tangible and we don't have long to wait now.
Prime Day 2022 is scheduled to start at 12AM on Monday, 21st June and run right through to 5PM on Wednesday, 23rd June giving Aussies a massive 65 hours of exclusive deals and discounts!
So, whether you're a gaming pro, a hobbyist or a total newbie, there's nothing quite as thrilling as purchasing the new must-have game, and lucky for you, Amazon Prime Day is offering some of the biggest deals and discounts you've been able to access this year. Plus, with this limited 24-hour sale shopping window landing in winter when socialising outdoors doesn't always seem like the best option, you really can't afford to miss out on the awesome discounts listed below.
Scroll on to see all the very best opportunities to save on video games being offered throughout the Amazon Prime Day event. Take it from us, these deals and discounts are too hot to miss so don't forget to sign up to Amazon Prime!
What video game deals can you expect on Amazon Prime Day?
Rest assured, there will be no shortage of gaming bargains over the next 48 hours with every major publisher and manufacturer offering a deal of some description. This includes Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch video game consoles. (No PS5 though, sadly.)
The biggest discounts can be found on games for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One but there are also some killer bargains on PlayStation 5 titles - some are selling for over 50% off the RRP! You can check out more hand picked deals at our Prime Day video games roundup page.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is now one of the most highly anticipated and exclusive shopping dates ever. The annual event even rivals Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, unlike these huge shopping events in November, Amazon Prime Day is only accessible to Amazon Prime members, meaning there's no time like right now to sign up for your free trial of Amazon Prime.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2022?
This year, Amazon is sticking to its traditional mid-year event. The sale will commence at 12AM AEST on Monday, 21st June and is scheduled to run for a total of 65 hours ending at 5pm on Wednesday 23rd June. But, as always, the lightening deals are limited and once they're gone they're gone! So, act quick and check back here regularly if you want to ensure you know what the hottest deals are as and when they land throughout the event.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
Stay alert and keep a lookout for pre-sale discounts in the lead-up to the event. Last year, exclusive deals started as early as two weeks prior to the Prime Day event and Prime members were privy to 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships as well as a discount on Amazon music streaming.
Another way you can look to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is to ask your Echo for early Prime deals. Last year, Alexa doled out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours before the actual event kicked off. Start asking your Echo about Prime deals at around 9pm the night before the official date.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, there is a chance that you'll be able to learn about many exclusive deals days before Prime Day starts, giving you that highly coveted sneak peak of what's to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls "Lightning Deals", which only last for a very limited time before they're gone. So, it pays to know exactly what you're looking for before you open the app.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
As with all major sales events, there are pros and cons to shopping on Amazon Prime Day. You can score some of the best deals all year by knowing what to look for and doing some research beforehand. Here are our top tips for picking up the best deals on Prime Day:
- Know when to strike and when to pass. The Prime Day Lightning Deals are released as often as every five minutes which can quickly turn an online shopping spree into a frenzy. While you do need to act fast to secure the products you really want, don't give in to the temptation to hit the "Add to Cart" button on every single item that flashes across your screen. Where possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price is really as good as it seems.
- Always read the fine print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on big-ticket electronics like TVs and smart devices, mask the brand name and model number until seconds before the sale drops, so ensure you double-check these details before jumping on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never, ever go into a sale event with no idea what it is you want to buy. Take some time before the sales start to think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. Make a list of everything you want to pick up and give your sale shopping spree a purpose. By doing so, you'll avoid the otherwise inevitable ending where you walk away with a pile of things you didn't really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel rushed to snatch up a discount, meaning you might not take the time to read through product reviews as carefully as you normally would. Whatever you do, don't skip this step unless you're already familiar with the product and know for sure it's what you want.
- Compare prices. By now, other retailers are fully aware of Amazon's biggest deal day of the year, so there's a chance you could find similar or even better deals by shopping around.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, take advantage of exclusive deals by voice shopping with Alexa.
More guides on Finder
Best Prime Day deals still available from Amazon US and UK
You can still grab a great Prime Day deal with global offers on OPPO smartphones, Seagate game drives and more.
Amazon Prime Day 2020: Best Samsung deals
Samsung's best Amazon Prime Day deals include 24% off Galaxy Note 20 smartphones, 40% off Galaxy Buds and 1TB SSDs for $269.
Prime Day Deal: AncestryDNA test kits for $99 ($60 off)
AncestryDNA's popular DNA testing kits are currently selling for $99 on Amazon. That's $60 off the RRP.
Best Amazon Prime Day 2020 external hard drive deals
Save up to $65 on selected hard drives, up to $179 on selected SSDs and up to $107 on selected game drives.
Amazon Prime Day 2020 deals: Day one highlights
These were the best-selling products from day one of Amazon's massive sale event.
Amazon Prime Day 2020: Best deals from day two
Grab 64% off Just Dance for Nintendo Switch, 50% off New Balance sneakers and up to 44% off WD hard drives.
5 weird Amazon Prime Day deals that are worth buying
Here are five cool and weird Amazon Prime Day deals you didn't realise you needed: from beach metal detectors to travel telescope kits.
60+ of the best Amazon Prime Day 2020 deals
Top deals include up to 44% off WD hard drives, up to 30% off B&O speakers and up to 30% off selected Lenovo laptops.
Amazon Prime Day 2020: Here are all the best tech deals
Amazon Prime Day has kicked off for another year. Here are the best tech deals so far, including laptops, phones, headsets, tablets and more.
Amazon Prime Day 2020: Best Xbox deals
Get up to 63% off top Xbox titles.
Ask an Expert