FREE 30-day trial for Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime Day toy deals 2021
Pick up great gifts for kids at a steal during this year's Amazon Prime Day event.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Amazon Prime Day 2021 is now in full swing. Here are the top toy deals from the sale you need to know about:
Amazon Prime Day has fast become a major shopping event on a global scale. While it's still relatively new to the sales scene, this members-only event is already as highly anticipated as other huge sales like Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
When it comes to keeping the kids entertained, Amazon offers everything you need from roleplay and imaginative play props to outdoor toys, board games and beyond. The announcement of its Prime Day sale has parents everywhere teetering on the edge of our seats as we wait for the toy deals to be announced, so why not see if you can secure a steal of a deal on some great gifts to keep your little ones busy during the 2021 event.
Scroll on to explore all the hottest deals and discounts being offered on toys and games throughout this year's Amazon Prime Day event and don't forget to sign up to Amazon Prime before the event starts.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an unmissable shopping event that's hosted annually exclusively for Prime members. It's become so popular that many people sign up for the free trial just so that they can access the exclusive deals and discounts too. The event comprises a limited-time shopping window where prices are slashed across a massive range of products discounted by up to 85%. Lending to the exclusivity of this sale and the jaw-dropping discounts that are usually on the table, Amazon Prime Day is now giving other high-profile sale events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday a run for their money.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
This year, Amazon is sticking to its traditional mid-year event. The sale will commence at 12AM AEST on Monday, 21st June and is scheduled to run for a total of 65 hours ending at 5pm on Wednesday 23rd June. But, as always, the lightening deals are limited and once they're gone they're gone! So, act quick and check back here regularly if you want to ensure you know what the hottest deals are as and when they land throughout the event.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
As with most Amazon Prime sales, pre-sale discounts will start to appear as the event draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started more than two weeks before the official sale date and lucky Prime members were given some amazing deals during this period including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships and discounted Amazon music subscriptions.
Another way to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is by asking Alexa. Last year, Alexa dished out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours before the sale event started, so we'd recommend asking your Echo about Prime deals from around 9pm the night before the official date of the sale and see whether you can access some pre-sale discounts this time around.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, you may find that you'll be able to learn some insider info on a variety of the exclusive deals days ahead of Prime Day, giving you a sneak peek of what's to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls "Lightning Deals". These deals only last for a very limited time and once they're over, they're gone for good. As such, it's a wise idea to plan out exactly what you're wanting to buy before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
When it comes to shopping during sales as big as Amazon Prime Day, it pays to be prepared. Below is a list of tips and tricks to help you shop savvier during the 2021 sale event.
- Recognise the good deals and dodge the bluffs. The Prime Day Lightning Deals are fast-paced and frenzy-inducing. New ones are added as frequently as every five minutes, which can quickly turn your online shopping spree into chaos. While you will need to act quickly to secure the products you want, resist the urge to keep hitting "Add to Cart" on every product you see. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it boasts to be because a good deal is only a good deal until it isn't.
- Pay attention to the small print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, don't actually reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale lands. Pause to check these all-important details before pouncing on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never go into a sale event without a clear goal. Set some time aside before the start of the event and think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. By giving your sale shopping spree a purpose, you'll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn't really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to shop speedily in order to snatch up the best discounts. This could result in you skipping out on reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would, which isn't a great idea. Reading product reviews is vital unless you're already familiar with the product and know for sure it's what you want.
- Compare prices. By now, other retailers are very aware of Amazon's biggest deal day of the year, so there's a chance you could find similar or even better deals by shopping around.
- Check returns policies. Yes, most Amazon products are eligible for return within a specified period which varies depending on the purchased item. However, it doesn't hurt to double check the information before you buy so that you know exactly where you stand should the need to return an item arise.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, voice shop hands-free with Alexa.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: 75% off deluxe massage chairs, 45% off mini wildlife cameras, 64% off BBQ Grill Charcoal Smokers.
OtterBox discount codes July 2021
Known for its mobile accessories, screen protectors, kids collection and durable cases, Otterbox makes mobile life fun and easy.
Blue Nile promo codes 2021
For eye-catching jewellery created to last the test of time, shop at Blue Nile. Unique, stunning and expertly crafted.
Click Frenzy™ 99% off deals: Here’s the list!
Here are all the 99% off Click Frenzy™ deals you need to know about from tonight's online sale.
Cheap umbrella deals: 49% off these brands
Our shopping experts have found the best online deals on wind-resistant umbrellas to see you through the rainy weather. Save up to 49%.
Amazon EOFY game clearance: 70% off Xbox, PlayStation and Switch
Amazon Prime Day is done and dusted for another year - but you can still score up to 70% off select video games. Here are the best deals.
Where to buy CS:GO cards online 2021
If you’re planning a CS:GO trading cards focused spending spree, look no further than these online stores.
Where to buy Fortnite trading cards online 2021
If you’re on a mission to find Fortnite trading cards missing from your collection, look no further than these stores.
Where to buy Yugioh trading cards online 2021
If you’re on a mission to buy Yugioh cards online, look no further than these stores.
How to get $90.95 off Nintendo Switch with Amazon Prime
Amazon Australia is selling the Nintendo Switch video game console for $349 during Prime Day - that's over $120 off the RRP.
Ask an Expert