Amazon Prime Day pet products deals 2020
Pamper your pet for less during the 2020 Amazon Prime Day event.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
For Prime members, Amazon Prime Day is the most anticipated date on the calendar. With it comes a long list of amazing deals and discounts spanning every major shopping category making it a major highlight for many.
This year, Amazon is discounting everything from collars, pet beds and fish tanks to pet cameras, interactive toys and beyond, ensuring you have access to the products you need to care for your pet without breaking the bank. Whether you're buying their Christmas gifts or treating them just because, do it for less during the Amazon Prime Day sale.
Scroll on to see all the discounts and deals on pet products and supplies up for grabs throughout this year's Amazon Prime Day event.
While you wait for the next Amazon Prime Day, here are some other pet products deals:
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an exclusive, members-only sale event that is hosted on an annual basis. The tradition started back in July 2015 when the global retailing giant Amazon celebrated its 20th anniversary. While this sale event is still relatively new on the sale scene, it's already every bit as popular as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This is all thanks to the wow-worthy discounts of up to 85% off and the event's exclusivity. Thousands of people, all over the world, sign up for Amazon Prime just so that they can be privy to the huge catalogue of deals.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
This year, Amazon has decided to switch up its calendar a little and, instead of hosting its traditional mid-July sale, the event has been scheduled for October. Amazon Prime Day this year is set to be a 2-day event that will run from midnight on 13 October through to 11:59pm on 14 October, making this year's sale the biggest one ever. So far, that is.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
Amazon is a huge fan of offering pre-sale discounts in a bid to tempt you to spend in the lead up to the big event. These will start to appear daily as Prime Day draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started popping up more than two weeks before the official sale date and lucky Prime members were given access to some amazing deals during this period including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships and discounted Amazon music subscriptions.
Another way you can access early Amazon Prime Day deals is by asking Alexa. Last year, Alexa gave out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours before the sale event started, so we'd recommend asking your Echo about Prime deals from around 9pm the night before the official date of the sale to see whether you can unlock a pre-sale discount on wireless tech this time around.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, you may find that you'll be able to learn some insider info on a variety of the exclusive deals days ahead of Prime Day, giving you a sneak peek of what's to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls "Lightning Deals". These deals only last for a very limited time and once they're over they're gone for good. As such, it's a wise idea to plan out exactly what you're wanting to buy before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
When it comes to shopping during sales as big as Amazon Prime Day, it pays to be prepared. Below is a list of tips and tricks to help you shop savvier during the 2020 sale event.
- Recognise the good deals and dodge the bluffs. The Prime Day Lightning Deals are fast-paced and frenzy-inducing. New ones are added as frequently as every five minutes, which can quickly turn your online shopping spree into chaos. While you will need to act quickly to secure the products you want, resist the urge to keep hitting "Add to Cart" on every product you see. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it boasts to be because a good deal is only a good deal until it isn't.
- Pay attention to the small print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, don't actually reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale lands. Pause to check these all-important details before pouncing on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never go into a sale event without a clear goal. Set aside some time ahead of the event and think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. By giving your sale shopping spree a purpose, you'll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn't really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to shop speedily in order to snatch up the best discounts. This could result in you skipping out on reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would, which isn't a great idea. Reading product reviews is vital, unless you're already familiar with the product and know for sure it's what you want.
- Check returns policies. Yes, most Amazon products are eligible for return within a specified period which varies depending on the purchased item. However, it doesn't hurt to double check the information before you buy so that you know exactly where you stand should the need to return an item arise.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, shop hands-free by taking advantage of exclusive deals by voice shopping with Alexa.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Vogue Fashion’s Night In 2020: Deals, dates and events
The 11-day shopping event will see major discounts from all your favourite fashion and beauty brands.
Kora Organics discount codes and coupons October 2020 | 50% off skincare and makeup
Save big on award-winning skincare solutions with these amazing Kora Organics discount codes.
Sennheiser promo codes October 2020: Up to 40% off outlet sale
Grab a promo code and cut costs on superior audio solutions online at Sennheiser.
Best Prime Day deals still available from Amazon US and UK
You can still grab a great Prime Day deal with global offers on OPPO smartphones, Seagate game drives and more.
Amazon Prime Day 2020: Best Samsung deals
Samsung's best Amazon Prime Day deals include 24% off Galaxy Note 20 smartphones, 40% off Galaxy Buds and 1TB SSDs for $269.
Prime Day Deal: AncestryDNA test kits for $99 ($60 off)
AncestryDNA's popular DNA testing kits are currently selling for $99 on Amazon. That's $60 off the RRP.
Best Amazon Prime Day 2020 external hard drive deals
Save up to $65 on selected hard drives, up to $179 on selected SSDs and up to $107 on selected game drives.
Amazon Prime Day: The best bargains so far [Updated]
Our Amazon shopping experts have sifted through thousands of Prime Day deals to bring you the cream of the crop. Here are the best bargains so far.
Best fashion sales of the week: THE ICONIC, Amazon and Bonds
Score 15% off top sellers at THE ICONIC, take up to 40% off a range of fashion brands at Amazon and enjoy up to 70% off at Bonds.
Ask an Expert