Amazon Prime Day PC deals 2021
Amazon has announced its annual members-only sale dates and now is the best time to secure a new PC at a steal.
Updated . What changed?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Amazon Prime Day is a relatively new yet unmissable sale event that Prime members look forward to year-round. This year's sale is scheduled to start at midnight on 13 October and the anticipation surrounding what discounts will be offered on PCs is palpable.
From laptops and tablets to desktops, gaming PCs and beyond, Amazon Prime Day is offering some of the biggest deals and discounts you've been able to access this year. And, with this limited 24-hour sale shopping window being so close to the festive season ahead, you really can't afford to miss out on the awesome discounts listed below.
Scroll on to see all the very best opportunities to save on PCs being offered throughout the Amazon Prime Day event.
While you wait for the next Amazon Prime Day, here are some other PC deals:
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is now one of the most highly anticipated and exclusive shopping dates ever. The annual event even rivals Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, unlike these huge shopping events in November, Amazon Prime Day is only accessible to Amazon Prime members, meaning there's no time like right now to sign up for your free trial of Amazon Prime.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
This year, Amazon has been shaking things up and instead of hosting the Prime Day event as usual in mid-July, the sale has been scheduled for October! Yep, you read that right. The online giant is hosting a 2-day event that will run from midnight on 13 October through to 11:59pm on 14 October, ensuring that this year's sale is even bigger than last year's 36-hour extravaganza.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
Stay alert and keep a lookout for pre-sale discounts in the lead up to the event. Last year, exclusive deals started as early as two weeks prior to the Prime Day event and Prime Members were privy to 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships as well as a discount on Amazon music streaming.
Another way you can look to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is to ask your Echo for early Prime deals. Last year, Alexa doled out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours before the actual event kicked off. Start asking your Echo about Prime deals at around 9pm the night before the official date.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, there is a chance that you'll be able to learn about many exclusive deals days before Prime Day starts, giving you that highly-coveted sneak peek of what's to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls "Lightning Deals", which only last for a very limited time before they're gone. So, it pays to know exactly what you're looking for before you open the app.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
As with all major sales events, there are pros and cons to shopping on Amazon Prime Day. You can score some of the best deals all year by knowing what to look for and doing some research beforehand. Here are our top tips for picking up the best deals on Prime Day:
- Know when to strike and when to pass. The Prime Day Lightning Deals are released as often as every five minutes which can quickly turn an online shopping spree into a frenzy. While you do need to act fast to secure the products you really want, don't give in to the temptation to hit the "Add to Cart" button on every single item that flashes across your screen. Where possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price is really as good as it seems.
- Always read the fine print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on big-ticket electronics like TVs and smart devices, mask the brand name and model number until seconds before the sale drops, so ensure you double-check these details before jumping on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never, ever go into a sale event with no idea of what you want to buy. Take some time before the sales start to think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. Make a list of everything you want to pick up and give your sale shopping spree a purpose. By doing so, you'll avoid walking away with a pile of things you didn't really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel rushed to snatch up a discount, meaning you might not take the time to read through product reviews as carefully as you normally would. Whatever you do, don't skip this step unless you're already familiar with the product and know for sure it's what you want.
- Compare prices. As Amazon Prime Day this year is being launched close to Black Friday, you might want to check out competitor prices online. By now, other retailers are fully aware of Amazon's biggest deal day of the year, so there's a chance you could find similar or even better deals by shopping around.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, take advantage of exclusive deals by voice shopping with Alexa.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off car essentials at Catch, half-price meat thermometers, eBay Plus tech sale.
Top Valentine’s Day cards for 2021
Knock your Valentine's socks off with one of these cute or romantic cards.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Perth
Here are the top experiences you can book on Boxing Day to make the most of your day off. Plus, discover the restaurants, cafes and bars open, too.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Melbourne 2021
Go out for brunch, hit the beach, cruise the waterways and more. Here's what to get up to on Boxing Day in Melbourne.
Big W Boxing Day 2020 sale: Up to 50% off
Best offers include 50% off selected Tefal products and $250 off selected Dyson vacuums.
This is it! ALDI’s 2020 Boxing Day deals revealed
Aldi's 2020 Boxing Day deals include 55-inch Ultra 4K TVs for $429, 40% off Philips True Wireless Earbuds and stacks of camping gear.
Boxing Day Sales 2021 | Deals to be revealed
Find all the best sales, deals and offers in one place for fashion, electronics, travel, beauty, homewares and toys.
Deal alert: Save up to 37% off selected Philips Hue products
See all the discounted Philips Hue items here, plus Amazon Prime members receive an additional discount.
Best alarm clocks in Australia
We compared product features and read real customer reviews to find the best alarm clocks you can buy right now.
Baby Bunting Boxing Day sale 2021
Boxing Day has arrived and we've got the inside scoop on all those exclusive savings up for grabs in the Baby Bunting event.
Ask an Expert