Amazon Prime Day home improvement deals 2021
The 2021 Prime Day dates have been announced, ensuring you can access all your home improvement essentials for less.
Updated . What changed?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Amazon Prime Day is one of the newer sales events on the scene and yet, it's holding its own when compared with prolific sales such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This year's event is scheduled to land at midnight on 13 October and we're expecting to see huge discounts across a diverse catalogue of home improvement products.
From appliances and paint to interior fixtures, fittings and beyond, Amazon Prime Day will bring us some of the hottest deals and discounts we've seen all year. What's more, this limited time only sale event is just in time for you to save while prepping for the festive season ahead, win-win. Seize the day and source everything on your home improvement shopping list at a steal.
Scroll on to explore all the latest and greatest home improvement deals on offer throughout the Amazon Prime Day event.
While you wait for the next Amazon Prime Day, here are some other home improvement deals:
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an unmissable shopping event that's hosted annually exclusively for Prime members. It's so popular that many people sign up for the free trial just so that they can access the exclusive deals and discounts too. The event involves a limited-time shopping window where prices are slashed across a massive range of products discounted by up to 85%. Given the exclusivity of this sale and the unmissable discounts that are usually on the table, Amazon Prime Day is now giving other high-profile sale events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday a run for their money.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
This year, Amazon has switched up its calendar slightly and, rather than hosting its traditional mid-July sale, the event has been scheduled for October! Amazon Prime Day this year is set to be a 2-day event that will run from midnight on 13 October through to 11:59pm on 14 October, making this year's sale the biggest sale extravaganza to date.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
As with most Amazon Prime sales, pre-sale discounts will start to appear as the event draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started more than two weeks before the official sale date and lucky Prime members were gifted a bunch of wow-worthy deals during this period, including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships and discounted Amazon music subscriptions.
Another way to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is by asking Alexa. Last year, Alexa dished out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours before the sale event started, so we'd recommend asking your Echo about Prime deals from around 9pm the night before the official date of the sale and see whether you can unlock a pre-sale discount this time around.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, you may find that you'll be able to learn some insider info on a variety of the exclusive deals days ahead of Prime Day, giving you a sneak peek of what's to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls "Lightning Deals". These deals only last for a very limited time and once they're over they're gone for good. As such, it's a wise idea to plan out exactly what you're wanting to buy before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
When it comes to shopping during sales as big as Amazon Prime Day, it pays to be prepared. Below is a list of tips and tricks to help you shop savvier during the 2021 sale event.
- Recognise the good deals and dodge the bluffs. The Prime Day Lightning Deals land thick and fast with new ones being added as frequently as every five minutes. This can quickly turn your online shopping spree into a frenzy. While you do need to act quickly to secure the products you want, don't just keep hitting "Add to Cart" on every product that is added to the deals during your shopping spree. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it boasts to be.
- Pay attention to the specifications. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, don't actually reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale lands. Always ensure you double-check these details before pouncing on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never go into a sale event without a clear goal. Set aside some time ahead of the event and think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. By giving your sale shopping spree a purpose, you'll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn't really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to speed shop in order to snatch up the best discounts. This could result in you skipping out on reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would, which isn't a great idea. Reading product reviews is vital, unless you're already familiar with the product and know for sure it's what you want.
- Compare prices. As Amazon Prime Day is being launched close to Black Friday this year, it's a good idea to check out competing deals online. By now, other retailers are very aware of Amazon's biggest deal day of the year, so there's a chance you could find similar or even better deals by shopping around.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, take advantage of exclusive deals by voice shopping with Alexa.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off car essentials at Catch, half-price meat thermometers, eBay Plus tech sale.
Top Valentine’s Day cards for 2021
Knock your Valentine's socks off with one of these cute or romantic cards.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Melbourne 2021
Go out for brunch, hit the beach, cruise the waterways and more. Here's what to get up to on Boxing Day in Melbourne.
Big W Boxing Day 2020 sale: Up to 50% off
Best offers include 50% off selected Tefal products and $250 off selected Dyson vacuums.
This is it! ALDI’s 2020 Boxing Day deals revealed
Aldi's 2020 Boxing Day deals include 55-inch Ultra 4K TVs for $429, 40% off Philips True Wireless Earbuds and stacks of camping gear.
Boxing Day Sales 2021 | Deals to be revealed
Find all the best sales, deals and offers in one place for fashion, electronics, travel, beauty, homewares and toys.
Lumin discount codes and coupons January 2021
Lumin has a great range of skincare for men. Revitalise your skin with these fantastic products and see results in 30 days.
Bicycles Online discount codes and coupons January 2021 | Pay later with ZIP
Cut costs on your cycling equipment, clothing and accessories at Bicycles Online with one of our discount codes.
Deal alert: Save up to 37% off selected Philips Hue products
See all the discounted Philips Hue items here, plus Amazon Prime members receive an additional discount.
Olight discount codes and coupons January 2021: Get 40% off
Pick up premium flashlights and score a discount with one of these Olight coupon codes.
Ask an Expert