FREE 30-day trial for Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime Day electronics deals 2021
Amazon has announced its annual members-only sale dates and now is the best time to secure new electronics at a steal.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Amazon Prime Day 2021 is now in full swing. Here are the top electronics deals from the sale you need to know about:
Amazon Prime Day is a relatively new yet unmissable sale event that Prime members look forward to year-round. This year's sale is going to be starting at 12AM AEST on Monday, 21st June and the anticipation surrounding what electronics will be discounted is palpable.
From smartphones and tablets to laptops, games consoles and beyond, Amazon Prime Day is offering some of the biggest deals and discounts you've been able to access this year. And, with this limited sale shopping window being right in the middle of the sale drought season, you really can't afford to miss out on the awesome discounts listed below.
Scroll on to see all the very best opportunities to save on electronics being offered throughout the Amazon Prime Day event and don't forget to sign up now to Amazon Prime.
What tech deals can you expect on Amazon Prime Day?
Electronics are one of the hottest deals categories during Prime Day and this year is likely to be no exception. You can expect to see big savings on popular products from Dyson, Nintendo, Sony, Xbox, Dell, Samsung, Huawei, Lenovo and Philips to name just a few. Items to watch out for include the Nintendo Switch, Dyson V11 stick vacuum cleaner, Sony noise-cancelling headphones and laptops to suit most budgets. We'll be updating this page when the deals start to roll through so be sure to check back regularly.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is now one of the most highly anticipated and exclusive shopping dates ever. The annual event even rivals Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, unlike these huge shopping events in November, Amazon Prime Day is only accessible to Amazon Prime members, meaning there's no time like right now to sign up for your free trial of Amazon Prime.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
This year, Amazon has decided to stick to its traditional mid-year sale event. The deals will begin launching at 12AM AEST on Monday, 21st June and the 2021 event is set to be even bigger than the 48-hour bonanza we experienced last year. Australia's Prime day is scheduled to run for a total of 65 hours and will end at precisely 5pm on Wednesday 23rd June but, as always, the lightening deals are limited and once they're gone, they're gone! So, act quick and check back here regularly if you want to ensure you know what the hottest deals are as and when they land throughout the event.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
Stay alert and keep a lookout for pre-sale discounts in the lead up to the event. Last year, exclusive deals started as early as two weeks prior to the Prime Day event and Prime Members were privy to 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships as well as a discount on Amazon music streaming.
Another way you can look to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is to ask your Echo for early Prime deals. Last year, Alexa doled out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours before the actual event kicked off. Start asking your Echo about Prime deals at around 9pm the night before the official date.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, there is a chance that you'll be able to learn about many exclusive deals days before Prime Day starts, giving you that highly-coveted sneak peek of what's to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls "Lightning Deals", which only last for a very limited time before they're gone. So, it pays to know exactly what you're looking for before you open the app.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
As with all major sales events, there are pros and cons to shopping on Amazon Prime Day. You can score some of the best deals all year by knowing what to look for and doing some research beforehand. Here are our top tips for picking up the best deals on Prime Day:
- Know when to strike and when to pass. The Prime Day Lightning Deals are released as often as every five minutes, which can quickly turn an online shopping spree into a frenzy. While you do need to act fast to secure the products you really want, don't give in to the temptation to hit the "Add to Cart" button on every single item that flashes across your screen. Where possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price is really as good as it seems.
- Always read the fine print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on big-ticket electronics like TVs and smart devices, mask the brand name and model number until seconds before the sale drops, so ensure you double-check these details before jumping on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never, ever go into a sale event with no idea what it is you want to buy. Take some time before the sales start to think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. Make a list of everything you want to pick up and give your sale shopping spree a purpose. By doing so, you'll avoid the otherwise inevitable ending where you walk away with a pile of things you didn't really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel rushed to snatch up a discount, meaning you might not take the time to read through product reviews as carefully as you normally would. Whatever you do, don't skip this step unless you're already familiar with the product and know for sure it's what you want.
- Compare prices. By now, other retailers are fully aware of Amazon's biggest deal day of the year, so there's a chance you could find similar or even better deals by shopping around.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, take advantage of exclusive deals by voice shopping with Alexa.
More guides on Finder
Australian sale events in 2021
Plan your shopping sprees ahead of time with our run-down of the biggest Australian online shopping events of 2021 and beyond.
AirPods Black Friday Pre-sale: Up to $170 off
Here are all the Black Friday pre-sale deals on Apple AirPods and AirPods Pro for 2021.
Where to buy the Apple iPhone 13 in Australia
Here are all the places you can buy the iPhone 13 in Australia.
The 10 best deals from Vogue Online Shopping Night
Top VOSN deals include 50% off everything at boohoo, $200 off Dyson V7 vacuum cleaners, 20% off at THE ICONIC and heaps more.
New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Stan, Foxtel, BINGE and more in September 2021
Highlights for this month include Billions, Lucifer and the Back to the Rafters reboot.
Apple iPhone 13: Everything we know so far
The iPhone 13 is expected to launch in 2021 with four models to choose from. Here are the major improvements we're expecting to see.
Amazon Echo Dot sale: Last chance to score $49 off
Snap up Amazon's popular Echo Dot (3rd Gen) for just $10 thanks to this red-hot offer.
Amazon Black Friday deals 2021: What to expect this year
Prepare to score up to 62% off leading brands when Amazon Australia kicks off its Black Friday sale.
Last minute Father’s Day gifts: Same day delivery
There's still time to send your Dad some last-minute Father's Day gifts from these online stores with same day delivery.
Best AirPods deals in Australia August 2021: $170 off AirPods Max
See all the best AirPods deals in Australia today, including $170 off Apple AirPods Max.
Ask an Expert