Amazon Prime Day ebook deals 2020
Amazon has just announced this year's Prime Day dates and there's no better time to save big on some page-turning reading material.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Although Amazon Prime Day is fairly new to the sale scene, the event is giving Black Friday a run for its money already. This year's sale is all set to launch at midnight on 13 October and we're on a mission to track down all the very best ebook deals and discounts for you.
Whether you're a sucker for a tear-jerking romance novel, prefer a fast-paced thriller or are a self-confessed sci-fi enthusiast, Amazon is offering some of the hottest discounts on ebooks you've had access to all year right now. Plus, with this limited sale shopping window being so close to the holiday season ahead, you really can't afford to miss out on the amazing discounts listed below.
Scroll on to explore all the very best deals across ebooks as they arise throughout the 2020 Amazon Prime Day event.
Current ebook deals
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day has become one of the most highly anticipated and exclusive dates in the shopping calendar ever. The event is hosted annually and now rivals the most prolific sales including Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, unlike these huge shopping events, Amazon Prime Day is highly regarded for its exclusivity. As only Amazon Prime members can access this exciting event, there's no time like the present to sign up for your free trial of Amazon Prime.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
This year, Amazon has decided to shake things up and instead of hosting its traditional mid-July event, the sale has been scheduled for October! Yep, you read that right. This global retailing giant is hosting a two-day event that will run from midnight on 13 October through to 11:59pm on 14 October, ensuring that this year's sale is even bigger than last year's 36-hour spectacle.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
Be on the lookout for pre-sale discounts as the event draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started as early as two weeks prior to the Prime Day event and Prime Members were able to access some wow-worthy deals including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships as well as a discount on Amazon music streaming.
Another way to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is to ask your Echo. Last year, Alexa doled out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours prior to the start of the sale. Consider asking your Echo about Prime deals at around 9pm the night before the official date and see whether you can secure a deal ahead of the event.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, there is a possibility that you'll be able to uncover insider info on many of the exclusive deals way before Prime Day commences, granting you a sneak peak of what's to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls "Lightning Deals", which only last for a very limited time before they're gone. So, it pays off to know exactly what you're looking for before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
As with all major sales events, there are plenty of things to think about before setting out on your Amazon Prime Day shopping spree. Do a little research and ensure you shop savvy during this year's event. Scroll on to see our top tips for picking up the best deals on Prime Day:
- Know when to strike and when to pass. The Prime Day Lightning Deals land thick and fast with new ones arriving as often as every five minutes. This can quickly turn your online shopping spree into a frenzy. While you do need to act fast to secure the products you want, don't be tempted to hit the "Add to cart" button on every single sale item that flashes across your screen. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it presents itself.
- Always read the fine print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, won't reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale drops, so ensure you double-check these details before jumping on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never, ever go into a sale event without a list. Take some time before the sales start to think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. By giving your sale shopping spree a purpose, you'll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn't really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to snatch up a discount which could cause you to skip reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would. This step is vital unless you're already familiar with the product and know for sure it's what you want.
- Compare prices. As Amazon Prime Day is being launched close to Black Friday this year, it's a good idea to check out competitor prices online. By now, other retailers are very aware of Amazon's biggest deal day of the year, so there's a chance you could find similar or even better deals by shopping around.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, take advantage of exclusive deals by voice shopping with Alexa.
Ask an Expert