Amazon Prime Day DVD deals 2020
Secure a steal of a deal on DVDs at Amazon right now.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Amazon Prime Day is now one of the most popular shopping events on many a calendar. Although it's still fairly new on the sales scene, the exclusivity of this members-only event has secured its popularity even when compared with the most prolific sale events around including Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Boxing Day.
From binge-worthy box sets and must-see TV series to romcoms, kids movies and beyond, this year's event is offering some awesome discounts for all your watching preferences. What's more, with the festive season in sight, there's really no better time of year to pick up some great gifts at a fraction of the usual price. Whether you're buying for yourself or picking out a DVD for someone special in your life we urge you to seize the day to save big.
Scroll on to see all the exclusive discounts and deals on DVDs up for grabs throughout this year's Amazon Prime Day event. Remember, once they're gone, they're gone, so be quick to secure your preferred titles.
While you wait for the next Amazon Prime Day, here are some other DVD deals:
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an unmissable shopping event that's hosted annually exclusively for Prime members. It's become so popular that many people sign up for the free trial just so that they can access exclusive deals and discounts too. The event comprises a limited-time shopping window where prices are slashed across a massive range of products discounted by up to 85%. Lending to the exclusivity of this sale and the jaw-dropping discounts that are usually on the table, Amazon Prime Day is now giving other high-profile sale events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday a run for their money.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
This year, Amazon has switched up its calendar slightly and, instead of its traditional mid-July sale, the event has been scheduled for October. Amazon Prime Day this year is set to be a 2-day event that will run from midnight on 13 October through to 11:59pm on 14 October, making this year's sale the biggest one to date.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
As with most Amazon Prime sales, pre-sale discounts will start to appear as the event draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started more than two weeks before the official sale date and lucky Prime members were given some amazing deals during this period including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships and discounted Amazon music subscriptions.
Another way to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is by asking Alexa. Last year, Alexa gave out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours before the sale event started, so we'd recommend asking your Echo about Prime deals from around 9pm the night before the official date of the sale to see whether you can unlock a pre-sale discount on DVDs this time around.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, you may find that you'll be able to learn some insider info on a variety of the exclusive deals days ahead of Prime Day, giving you a sneak peek of what's to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls "Lightning Deals". These deals only last for a very limited time and once they're over they're gone for good. As such, it's a wise idea to plan out exactly what you're wanting to buy before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
When it comes to shopping during sales as big as Amazon Prime Day, it pays to be prepared. Below is a list of tips and tricks to help you shop savvier during the 2020 sale event.
- Recognise the good deals and dodge the bluffs. The Prime Day Lightning Deals are fast-paced and frenzy-inducing. New ones are added as frequently as every five minutes, which can quickly turn your online shopping spree into chaos. While you will need to act quickly to secure the products you want, resist the urge to keep hitting "Add to cart" on every product you see. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm the Prime Day price really is as good as it boasts to be because a good deal is only a good deal until it isn't.
- Pay attention to the small print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, don't actually reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale lands. Pause to check these all-important details before pouncing on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never go into a sale event without a clear goal. Set aside some time ahead of the event and think about what you actually need or want to buy. By giving your sale shopping spree a purpose, you'll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn't really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to shop speedily in order to snatch up the best discounts. This could result in you skipping out on reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would, which isn't a great idea. Reading product reviews is vital unless you're already familiar with the product and know for sure it's what you want.
- Check returns policies. Yes, most Amazon products are eligible for return within a specified period which varies depending on the purchased item. However, it doesn't hurt to double-check the information before you buy so that you know exactly where you stand should the need to return an item arise.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, go hands-free by voice shopping with Alexa.
Ask an Expert