Amazon Prime Day camera deals 2021
Whether you’re a pro or keen to learn the ropes, secure a steal of a deal on cameras at Amazon right now.
Updated . What changed?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Amazon Prime Day is now one of the most popular shopping events on many people's calendars. Although it’s still fairly new to the sales scene, the exclusivity of this members-only event has secured its popularity, even compared to big sale events such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Boxing Day.
From cameras for vloggers to underwater cameras, cameras for newbies and kid-friendly models, this year’s Amazon Prime Day event is offering some awesome discounts for both budding and established photographers. What’s more, with the festive season in sight, there’s really no better time to pick up a great gift at a discounted price. Whether you’re buying for yourself or for someone special, seize the day to save big.
Scroll on to see all the exclusive discounts and deals on cameras that are up for grabs during this year’s Amazon Prime Day event. Remember, once they’re gone, they’re gone, so be quick to get everything you want.
While you wait for the next Amazon Prime Day, here are some other camera deals:
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an unmissable shopping event that’s hosted annually exclusively for Prime members. It’s become so popular that many people sign up for the free trial just so they can access the exclusive deals and discounts too. The event comprises a limited-time shopping window where prices are slashed across a massive range of products, up to 85% off.
Because of the exclusivity of this sale and the jaw-dropping discounts that are usually on the table, Amazon Prime Day is now giving other high-profile sale events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday a run for their money.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
This year, Amazon has switched up its calendar slightly and, instead of its traditional mid-July sale, the event has been scheduled for October. Amazon Prime Day this year is set to be a two-day event that will run from midnight on 13 October through to 11:59 PM on 14 October, making this year’s sale the biggest one to date.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
As with most Amazon Prime sales, pre-sale discounts will start to appear as the event draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started more than two weeks before the official sale date and lucky Prime members were offered some amazing deals during this period, including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships and discounted Amazon music subscriptions.
Another way to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is by asking Alexa. Last year, Alexa gave out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours before the sale event started, so we'd recommend asking your Echo about Prime deals from around 9pm the night before the sale.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, you may find that you’ll be able to get some insider info on a variety of the exclusive deals days ahead of Prime Day, giving you a sneak peek of what’s to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is organised by what Amazon calls “Lightning Deals”. These deals only last for a very limited time and once they’re gone, they’re gone for good. As such, it’s a good idea to plan out exactly what you want to buy before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
It pays to be prepared for the Amazon Prime Day sale event. Here are our top tips and tricks to help you shop savvier this year:
- Recognise the good deals and dodge the bluffs. The Prime Day Lightning Deals are fast-paced and frenzy-inducing. New ones are added as frequently as every five minutes, which can quickly turn your online shopping spree into chaos. While you will need to act quickly to secure the products you want, resist the urge to keep hitting “Add to Cart” on every product you see. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it claims, because a good deal is only a good deal until it isn’t.
- Pay attention to the fine print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, don’t actually reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale lands. Pause to check these all-important details before pouncing on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never, ever go into a sale event without a clear goal. Set aside some time before the start of the event and think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. By giving your shopping spree a purpose, you’ll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn’t really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to shop speedily in order to snatch up the best discounts. This could result in you skipping out on reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would, which isn’t a great idea. Reading product reviews is vital, unless you’re already familiar with the product and know for sure it’s what you want.
- Check returns policies. Yes, most Amazon products are eligible for return within a specified period, which varies depending on the purchased item. However, it doesn’t hurt to double-check the info before you buy so that you know exactly where you stand should the need to return an item arise.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, shop hands-free by voice shopping with Alexa.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off car essentials at Catch, half-price meat thermometers, eBay Plus tech sale.
Top Valentine’s Day cards for 2021
Knock your Valentine's socks off with one of these cute or romantic cards.
5 ideas and things to do on Boxing Day in Canberra
In Canberra on 26 December? We’ve got your itinerary sorted.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Melbourne 2021
Go out for brunch, hit the beach, cruise the waterways and more. Here's what to get up to on Boxing Day in Melbourne.
Big W Boxing Day 2020 sale: Up to 50% off
Best offers include 50% off selected Tefal products and $250 off selected Dyson vacuums.
This is it! ALDI’s 2020 Boxing Day deals revealed
Aldi's 2020 Boxing Day deals include 55-inch Ultra 4K TVs for $429, 40% off Philips True Wireless Earbuds and stacks of camping gear.
Boxing Day Sales 2021 | Deals to be revealed
Find all the best sales, deals and offers in one place for fashion, electronics, travel, beauty, homewares and toys.
Bicycles Online discount codes and coupons January 2021 | Pay later with ZIP
Cut costs on your cycling equipment, clothing and accessories at Bicycles Online with one of our discount codes.
Deal alert: Save up to 37% off selected Philips Hue products
See all the discounted Philips Hue items here, plus Amazon Prime members receive an additional discount.
Olight discount codes and coupons January 2021: Get 40% off
Pick up premium flashlights and score a discount with one of these Olight coupon codes.
Ask an Expert