FREE 30-day trial for Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime Day camera deals 2021
Whether you’re a pro or keen to learn the ropes, secure a steal of a deal on cameras at Amazon right now.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Amazon Prime Day 2021 is now in full swing. Here are all the camera deals from the sale you need to know about:
Amazon Prime Day is now one of the most popular shopping events on many people's calendars. Although it's still fairly new to the sales scene, the exclusivity of this members-only event has secured its popularity, even compared to big sale events such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Boxing Day. But don't forget sign up to Amazon Prime.
From cameras for vloggers to underwater cameras, cameras for newbies and kid-friendly models, this year's Amazon Prime Day event is offering some awesome discounts for both budding and established photographers. What's more, with the recent lull in sale events, we're all welcoming the opportunity to pick up products at a discounted price. Whether you're buying for yourself or for someone special, seize the day to save big.
Scroll on to see all the exclusive discounts and deals on cameras that are up for grabs during this year's Amazon Prime Day event. Remember, once they're gone, they're gone, so be quick to get everything you want.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an unmissable shopping event that’s hosted annually exclusively for Prime members. It’s become so popular that many people sign up for the free trial just so they can access the exclusive deals and discounts too. The event comprises a limited-time shopping window where prices are slashed across a massive range of products, up to 85% off.
Because of the exclusivity of this sale and the jaw-dropping discounts that are usually on the table, Amazon Prime Day is now giving other high-profile sale events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday a run for their money.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
This year, Amazon is sticking to its traditional mid-year event. The sale will commence at 12AM AEST on Monday, 21st June and is scheduled to run for a total of 65 hours ending at 5pm on Wednesday 23rd June. But, as always, the lightening deals are limited and once they're gone they're gone! So, act quick and check back here regularly if you want to ensure you know what the hottest deals are as and when they land throughout the event.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
As with most Amazon Prime sales, pre-sale discounts will start to appear as the event draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started more than two weeks before the official sale date and lucky Prime members were offered some amazing deals during this period, including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships and discounted Amazon music subscriptions.
Another way to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is by asking Alexa. Last year, Alexa gave out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours before the sale event started, so we'd recommend asking your Echo about Prime deals from around 9pm the night before the sale.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, you may find that you’ll be able to get some insider info on a variety of the exclusive deals days ahead of Prime Day, giving you a sneak peek of what’s to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is organised by what Amazon calls “Lightning Deals”. These deals only last for a very limited time and once they’re gone, they’re gone for good. As such, it’s a good idea to plan out exactly what you want to buy before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
It pays to be prepared for the Amazon Prime Day sale event. Here are our top tips and tricks to help you shop savvier this year:
- Recognise the good deals and dodge the bluffs. The Prime Day Lightning Deals are fast-paced and frenzy-inducing. New ones are added as frequently as every five minutes, which can quickly turn your online shopping spree into chaos. While you will need to act quickly to secure the products you want, resist the urge to keep hitting “Add to Cart” on every product you see. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it claims, because a good deal is only a good deal until it isn’t.
- Pay attention to the fine print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, don’t actually reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale lands. Pause to check these all-important details before pouncing on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never, ever go into a sale event without a clear goal. Set aside some time before the start of the event and think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. By giving your shopping spree a purpose, you’ll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn’t really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to shop speedily in order to snatch up the best discounts. This could result in you skipping out on reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would, which isn’t a great idea. Reading product reviews is vital, unless you’re already familiar with the product and know for sure it’s what you want.
- Check returns policies. Yes, most Amazon products are eligible for return within a specified period, which varies depending on the purchased item. However, it doesn’t hurt to double-check the info before you buy so that you know exactly where you stand should the need to return an item arise.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, shop hands-free by voice shopping with Alexa.
More guides on Finder
25 unmissable eBay deals from the ‘Black Friday’ weekend
Deal alert: Get up to 76% off at eBay Australia this Saturday with the latest and greatest Black Friday weekend deals.
Black ‘Friday’ JD Sports deals: Up to 50% off this Saturday
JD Sports' top Black Friday weekend deals include over $100 off Nike, Reebok and Adidas shoes and apparel.
Saturday update: Freedom’s hottest Black Friday furniture deals
Update your space with these bargain-worthy Freedom home finds including furniture, wall art, mirrors and more.
The Best Black Friday tech deals in Australia
Black Friday has landed, which means its time to get a deal on some fancy tech, from phones and headphones to laptops and cameras.
Cyber Weekend Christmas shopping deals for kids and teens: Get 60% off
Black Friday's best Christmas shopping deals for kids include Lego for 40% off, 38% off Beyblade, LEGO bargains galore and big Bluey discounts
7 steps to building your passive income
Setting a goal of making $200k per year passive income may seem all but unattainable, but investing experts Scott & Mina O'Neill say it's possible.
A-League fans! Here are 10 (more) reasons to get Paramount Plus
Come for the football, stay for the quality original TV.
Ethereum price gains 10% in a week – here’s why that could continue
In spite of the recent crash which saw nearly AU $400 billion being wiped out from the market, ETH has been able to register monthly gains of over 6%.
Crypto markets dive, but Bitcoin’s price remains resilient – here’s why that could change
Over the course of the last 14 days, Bitcoin has registered losses of over 16%.
The Best iPhone Black Friday deals in Australia: Save $300+ on an iPhone
Top Black Friday iPhone deals include 26% off the iPhone 12 Mini at The Good Guys and cut-price refurbished models at Amazon and eBay.
Ask an Expert