Amazon Prime Day camera deals 2021
Whether you’re a pro or keen to learn the ropes, secure a steal of a deal on cameras at Amazon right now.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Prime Day is Jun 21-22 this year. We'll have all the best camera deals ready to go on the day, but in the meantime, have a look through our current camera deals:
Amazon Prime Day is now one of the most popular shopping events on many people's calendars. Although it's still fairly new to the sales scene, the exclusivity of this members-only event has secured its popularity, even compared to big sale events such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Boxing Day. But don't forget sign up to Amazon Prime.
From cameras for vloggers to underwater cameras, cameras for newbies and kid-friendly models, this year's Amazon Prime Day event is offering some awesome discounts for both budding and established photographers. What's more, with the recent lull in sale events, we're all welcoming the opportunity to pick up products at a discounted price. Whether you're buying for yourself or for someone special, seize the day to save big.
Scroll on to see all the exclusive discounts and deals on cameras that are up for grabs during this year's Amazon Prime Day event. Remember, once they're gone, they're gone, so be quick to get everything you want.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an unmissable shopping event that’s hosted annually exclusively for Prime members. It’s become so popular that many people sign up for the free trial just so they can access the exclusive deals and discounts too. The event comprises a limited-time shopping window where prices are slashed across a massive range of products, up to 85% off.
Because of the exclusivity of this sale and the jaw-dropping discounts that are usually on the table, Amazon Prime Day is now giving other high-profile sale events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday a run for their money.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
This year, Amazon is sticking to its traditional mid-year event. The sale will commence at 12AM AEST on Monday, 21st June and is scheduled to run for a total of 65 hours ending at 5pm on Wednesday 23rd June. But, as always, the lightening deals are limited and once they're gone they're gone! So, act quick and check back here regularly if you want to ensure you know what the hottest deals are as and when they land throughout the event.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
As with most Amazon Prime sales, pre-sale discounts will start to appear as the event draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started more than two weeks before the official sale date and lucky Prime members were offered some amazing deals during this period, including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships and discounted Amazon music subscriptions.
Another way to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is by asking Alexa. Last year, Alexa gave out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours before the sale event started, so we'd recommend asking your Echo about Prime deals from around 9pm the night before the sale.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, you may find that you’ll be able to get some insider info on a variety of the exclusive deals days ahead of Prime Day, giving you a sneak peek of what’s to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is organised by what Amazon calls “Lightning Deals”. These deals only last for a very limited time and once they’re gone, they’re gone for good. As such, it’s a good idea to plan out exactly what you want to buy before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
It pays to be prepared for the Amazon Prime Day sale event. Here are our top tips and tricks to help you shop savvier this year:
- Recognise the good deals and dodge the bluffs. The Prime Day Lightning Deals are fast-paced and frenzy-inducing. New ones are added as frequently as every five minutes, which can quickly turn your online shopping spree into chaos. While you will need to act quickly to secure the products you want, resist the urge to keep hitting “Add to Cart” on every product you see. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it claims, because a good deal is only a good deal until it isn’t.
- Pay attention to the fine print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, don’t actually reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale lands. Pause to check these all-important details before pouncing on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never, ever go into a sale event without a clear goal. Set aside some time before the start of the event and think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. By giving your shopping spree a purpose, you’ll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn’t really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to shop speedily in order to snatch up the best discounts. This could result in you skipping out on reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would, which isn’t a great idea. Reading product reviews is vital, unless you’re already familiar with the product and know for sure it’s what you want.
- Check returns policies. Yes, most Amazon products are eligible for return within a specified period, which varies depending on the purchased item. However, it doesn’t hurt to double-check the info before you buy so that you know exactly where you stand should the need to return an item arise.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, shop hands-free by voice shopping with Alexa.
More guides on Finder
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day home deals to expect: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
Ask an Expert