Amazon Prime Day book deals 2021
Amazon has finally announced this year's Prime Day dates and there's no better time to cut costs on that summertime reading list than right now.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Prime Day is Jun 21-22 this year. We'll have all the best book deals ready to go on the day, but in the meantime, have a look through our current book deals:
Amazon Prime Day is fairly new on the sale scene and yet it's giving Black Friday a run for its money already. This year's event is is going to land on 21st June and we're on a mission to track down all the very best book deals and discounts for you.
From thrillers and sci-fi to romances, non-fiction and beyond, Amazon Prime Day is offering some of the biggest price slashes on books you've had access to this year. And, with this limited sale shopping window being hosted in winter – the best time to curl up and read a book – you really can't afford to pass up a chance to access the awesome discounts listed below.
Scroll on to explore all the very best deals across books on offer throughout the 2021 Amazon Prime Day event and don't forget to sign up now to Amazon Prime.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day has become one of the most highly anticipated and exclusive dates in the shopping calendar ever. The event is hosted annually and now rivals the most prolific sales including Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, unlike these huge shopping events, Amazon Prime Day is highly regarded for its exclusivity. As only Amazon Prime members can access this exciting event, there's no time like the present to sign up for your free trial of Amazon Prime.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
This year, Amazon is sticking to its traditional mid-year event. The sale will commence at 12AM AEST on Monday, 21st June and is scheduled to run for a total of 65 hours ending at 5pm on Wednesday 23rd June. But, as always, the lightening deals are limited and once they're gone they're gone! So, act quick and check back here regularly if you want to ensure you know what the hottest deals are as and when they land throughout the event.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
Be on the lookout for pre-sale discounts as the event draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started as early as 2 weeks prior to the Prime Day event and Prime members were able to access some wow-worthy deals including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships as well as a discount on Amazon music streaming.
Another way to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is to ask your Echo. Last year, Alexa doled out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours prior to the start of the sale. Consider asking your Echo about Prime deals at around 9pm the night before the official date and see whether you can secure a deal ahead of the event.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, there is a possibility that you'll be able to uncover insider info on many of the exclusive deals way before Prime Day commences, granting you a sneak peak of what's to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls "Lightning Deals", which only last for a very limited time. So, it pays to know exactly what you're looking for before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
As with all major sale events, there are plenty of things to think about before setting out on your Amazon Prime Day shopping spree. Do a little research and ensure you shop savvy during this year's event. Scroll on to see our top tips for picking up the best deals on Prime Day:
- Know when to strike and when to pass. The Prime Day Lightning Deals land thick and fast with new ones arriving as often as every five minutes. This can quickly turn your online shopping spree into a frenzy. While you do need to act fast to secure the products you want, don't be tempted to hit the "Add to Cart" button on every single sale item that flashes across your screen. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it presents itself.
- Always read the fine print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, won't reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale drops, so ensure you double-check these details before jumping on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never go into a sale event without a list. Take some time before the sale starts to think about what it you actually want to buy. By giving your sale shopping spree a purpose, you'll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn't really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to snatch up a discount which could cause you to skip reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would. This step is vital unless you're already familiar with the product and know for sure it's what you want.
- Compare prices. By now, other retailers are very aware of Amazon's biggest deal day of the year, so there's a chance you could find similar or even better deals by shopping around.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, take advantage of exclusive deals by voice shopping with Alexa.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
Ask an Expert