Amazon Prime Day apparel deals 2020
When it comes to wardrobe wants, Amazon offers everything you need and Prime Day brings some of the best deals ever.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Amazon Prime Day was launched back in 2015 in celebration of the site’s 20th anniversary. The event offers many a wow-worthy discount and is highly anticipated by Prime members all over the world.
If you’re planning to rework your wardrobe rotation, you’ll find plenty of awesome deals across all clothing categories during the Prime Day bonanza. For fashion fans and trendsetters alike, this year’s event looks set to be unmissable. What’s more, with Christmas just a couple of short months away, you could grab a bunch of gifts at a steal right now too.
Scroll on to unveil the very best clothing and apparel deals and discounts on offer throughout the Amazon Prime Day event.
While you wait for the next Amazon Prime Day, here are some other apparel deals:
Popular Top 5 deals - shopping only coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|27 Nov 2019||50% off swimwear||spl****|
|8 Sep 2020||Up to 50% off sale + new styles added||********|
|7 Jul 2020||$20 off your first order||********|
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is considered to be one of the most highly anticipated and exclusive dates in the shopping calendar ever. The event is hosted annually and now rivals the most prolific sales including Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, unlike these huge shopping events, Amazon Prime Day is known for its exclusivity. As only members can access this exciting event, there’s no time like the present to sign up and become an Amazon Prime member.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
This year, Amazon has decided to shake things up and instead of hosting its traditional mid-July event, the sale has been scheduled for October! Yep, you read that right. This global retailing giant is hosting a two-day event that will run from midnight on 13 October through to 11:59pm on 14 October, ensuring that this year’s sale is even bigger than last year’s 36-hour spectacle.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
Be on the lookout for pre-sale discounts as the event draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started as early as two weeks prior to the Prime Day event and Prime Members were able to access some wow-worthy deals including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships as well as a discount on Amazon music streaming.
Another way to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is to ask your Echo. Last year, Alexa doled out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours prior to the start of the sale. Consider asking your Echo about Prime deals at around 9pm the night before the official date and see whether you can snag a deal ahead of the event.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, there is a possibility that you’ll be able to uncover insider info on many of the exclusive deals way before Prime Day commences, granting you a sneak peek of what’s to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls “Lightning Deals”, which only last for a very limited time before they're gone. So, it pays to know exactly what you’re looking for before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
As with all major sales events, there are plenty of things to think about before setting out on your Amazon Prime Day shopping spree. Do a little research and ensure you shop savvy during this year’s event. Scroll on to see our top tips for picking up the best deals on Prime Day:
- Know when to strike and when to pass. The Prime Day Lightning Deals land thick and fast with new ones arriving as often as every five minutes. This can quickly turn your online shopping spree into a frenzy. While you do need to act fast to secure the products you want, don’t be tempted to hit the “Add to Cart” button on every single sale item that flashes across your screen. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it presents itself.
- Always read the fine print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, won’t reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale drops, so ensure you double-check these details before jumping on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never go into a sale event without a list. Take some time before the sales start to think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. By giving your sale shopping spree a purpose, you’ll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn’t really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to snatch up a discount which could cause you to skip reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would. This step is vital unless you’re already familiar with the product and know for sure it’s what you want.
- Compare prices. As Amazon Prime Day is being launched close to Black Friday this year, it’s a good idea to check out competitor prices online. By now, other retailers are very aware of Amazon’s biggest deal day of the year, so there’s a chance you could find similar or even better deals by shopping around.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, take advantage of exclusive deals by voice shopping with Alexa.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Vogue Fashion’s Night In 2020: Deals, dates and events
The 11-day shopping event will see major discounts from all your favourite fashion and beauty brands.
Best Prime Day deals still available from Amazon US and UK
You can still grab a great Prime Day deal with global offers on OPPO smartphones, Seagate game drives and more.
Amazon Prime Day 2020: Best Samsung deals
Samsung's best Amazon Prime Day deals include 24% off Galaxy Note 20 smartphones, 40% off Galaxy Buds and 1TB SSDs for $269.
Prime Day Deal: AncestryDNA test kits for $99 ($60 off)
AncestryDNA's popular DNA testing kits are currently selling for $99 on Amazon. That's $60 off the RRP.
Best Amazon Prime Day 2020 external hard drive deals
Save up to $65 on selected hard drives, up to $179 on selected SSDs and up to $107 on selected game drives.
Amazon Prime Day: The best bargains so far [Updated]
Our Amazon shopping experts have sifted through thousands of Prime Day deals to bring you the cream of the crop. Here are the best bargains so far.
Best fashion sales of the week: THE ICONIC, Amazon and Bonds
Score 15% off top sellers at THE ICONIC, take up to 40% off a range of fashion brands at Amazon and enjoy up to 70% off at Bonds.
Amazon Prime Day 2020 deals: Day one highlights
These were the best-selling products from day one of Amazon's massive sale event.
Amazon Prime Day 2020: Best deals from day two
Grab 64% off Just Dance for Nintendo Switch, 50% off New Balance sneakers and up to 44% off WD hard drives.
Ask an Expert