Amazon Prime Day 2021: Australian date and confirmed deals
Tens of thousands of products will be discounted when the mega shopping event kicks off on 21 June.
Online giant Amazon is once again gearing up for its massive Prime Day sales, having now revealed that the deals will begin in less than three weeks.
This year is set to be bigger than most, with Amazon announcing that it will be giving Aussie Prime members 65 hours to shop the offers.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
Kicking off at 12am (AEST) on Monday 21 June, Amazon will run local deals for 48 hours until 11:59pm on Tuesday 22 June.
Deals from the UK and US sites will then be available to Australians through the Amazon Global Store until 5pm (AEST) on Wednesday 23 June.
Amazon Prime Day 2021 early deals
While Amazon is yet to announce the majority of its Prime Day deals, some early offers are already available on the site. These include the following:
- Four months of free premium streaming and unlimited access to more than 70 million ad-free songs with Amazon Music Unlimited (offer available to new subscribers only).
- Three-month free Audible trial. The deal also includes two free audiobooks of your choice in the first month and one each month after, plus a bonus audiobook chosen by Audible's editors each month and unlimited access to hundreds of hours of audio (offer available for Prime members who have not previously tried Audible).
- Three-month free Kindle Unlimited trial (offer available for Prime members who have not previously tried Kindle Unlimited).
- $40 off the Echo Auto (was $79, now $39).
From 12am (AEST) on Friday 11 June, both Prime members and Amazon customers will also be able to rent selected popular movies starting at $2.99 or less on the Prime Video Store.
Tens of thousands of other items will be discounted on Prime Day itself, including Amazon devices, consumer electronics, pantry food and drink, toys, fashion and beauty products.
The offers will feature both big brand names such as Nintendo, Fitbit, Lego and Samsung as well as small local businesses, which can be shopped through the "Shop Local" section of the site.
Amazon Prime Day 2021 deal expectations
In addition to the offers that are already running, we're also predicting that the most popular deals from last year's sale will make a return this Prime Day.
Highlights from the 2020 Prime Day event include the following:
- Up to 50% off selected DVDs and Blu-rays
- Up to 45% off Philips Hue products
- Up to 40% off Panasonic cameras
- Up to 37% off select pressure cookers
- Up to 36% off select Bose products
- Up to 30% off Lenovo laptops
- Up to 30% off select Ring home security systems
- 28% off PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Console
- $80 off Kindle Paperwhite
- $40 for a one-month supply of Huggies nappies
How to shop the Amazon Prime Day 2021 sales
Amazon Prime Day deals are exclusive to Amazon Prime members, which means you'll need to sign up for a membership if you haven't done so already.
Prime membership comes with a 30-day trial, after which it costs $6.99 per month.
It also includes a range of other perks, including the following:
- Access to other exclusive deals, discounts and sales events throughout the year
- Free delivery on millions of eligible items
- Unlimited access to over 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading
- Unlimited access to movies and TV episodes with Prime Video
- Access to 2 million ad-free songs
- Free games and in-game loot
Image credit: Instagram user amazonaustralia