Amazon Prime Day 2020: Date, deals and more
Tens of thousands of products will be discounted when the mega shopping event kicks off on 13 October.
Online giant Amazon is once again gearing up for its annual sales event, Amazon Prime Day. This year is set to be bigger than most, with Amazon today announcing that it will be giving Aussie Prime members a massive 66 hours to shop.
Kicking off at 12am (AEDT) on Tuesday 13 October, Amazon will run local deals for 48 hours until 11:59pm on Wednesday 14 October. Deals from the US site will also then be available to Australians through the Amazon Global Store until 6pm on Thursday 15 October.
Amazon Prime Day 2020 deals
While Amazon is yet to announce the majority of its Prime Day deals, some early offers are already available on the site. These include the following:
- Four months of premium streaming with Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99 (offer available for Prime members who have not previously tried the Amazon Music Unlimited service).
- Three-month free Audible trial, including an audiobook of your choice each month and a bonus monthly audiobook chosen by Audible's editors (offer available for Prime members who have not previously tried Audible).
- Three-month free Kindle Unlimited subscription (offer available for Prime members who have not previously tried Kindle Unlimited).
From 12am (AEDT) on Wednesday 7 October, Prime members will also be able to rent movies starting at $0.99 from the Prime Video Store.
Tens of thousands of other items will also be discounted on the day, including Amazon devices, consumer electronics, pantry food and drink, toys, fashion and beauty products.
The offers will feature both big brand names such as Samsung, Bosch and Huggies and small local businesses, which can be shopped through the "Shop Local" section of the site.
How can you access the deals?
Amazon Prime Day deals are exclusive to Amazon Prime members, which means you'll need to sign up for a membership if you haven't done so already.
Prime membership comes with a 30-day trial, after which it costs $6.99 a month. It also includes free delivery on eligible items, unlimited access to over 1,000 books and magazines with Prime reading, unlimited access to movies and TV episodes with Prime Video and ad-free songs and playlists with Prime Music.
You can sign up for an Amazon Prime membership here.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is a global shopping event that is run exclusively for Amazon Prime members. It includes competitive deals on products from all categories, helping shoppers to bag themselves a bargain.
Country manager for Amazon Australia, Matt Furlong has said of the 2020 event, "We're excited to offer Australian Prime members the chance to access fantastic savings across tens of thousands of products from international and Aussie brands across all categories for Prime Day this year.
"In addition, to help customers discover more local brands on Amazon.com.au, we are proud to put small Australian businesses front and centre through our 'Shop Local' store on Prime Day and beyond."
For more information, you can see our Amazon Prime Day hub.
- Mother’s Day deal alert: Get $200 off the amazing Dyson Airwrap Styler at Catch
- 12 sustainable beauty brands to shop and do right by the planet this Earth Day 2021
- Amazon Sukin sale: Get 60% off before it’s too late
- Amazon’s big beauty sale: 50% off NYX, L’Oreal, Garnier
- Sephora beauty sale top picks: Get in quick for 50% off
Main image: Instagram user amazon