Up to 52% off selected Samsung devices and accessories
How to use Afterpay at Amazon Australia
Amazon doesn't yet support Afterpay, but you can still use it with this clever workaround.
As the world's largest online retailer, Amazon is a go-to for all your shopping needs. If you're looking to split the cost of your purchases though, working out how to do so can be a little tricky.
To help you navigate buy now pay later on Amazon Australia, we've broken down the available options below.
Does Amazon accept Afterpay?
Amazon Australia does not accept Afterpay, though it does support buy now pay later through Zip. However, you are able to use Afterpay in another way.
- First, visit the Afterpay site. On the dedicated Amazon Australia page, you'll find the option to purchase an Amazon Australia gift card. You can choose a card with an amount ranging from $5 to $500 or you can purchase multiple cards. Your gift card will be sent to you via email shortly after you place an order.
- Head to Amazon Australia. You can now choose from millions of items sold on Amazon and add your desired items to cart.
- Check out using your gift card. Once you are ready to order, head to the checkout page and choose "Enter a gift card or promotional code" under the payment method. Enter your gift card number and check out as usual.
How do I pay off my Amazon Australia gift card with Afterpay?
Once you have purchased an Amazon gift card with Afterpay, the service will split the total cost of your order into four equal instalments.
These instalments are paid off in two-week intervals and are processed automatically. You will receive reminders via email or text before each payment is due.
As long as you pay the required amount on your scheduled day, Afterpay's service is completely interest-free.
Bear in mind it will be the gift card you're paying off with Afterpay, not your Amazon purchase. Even if you don't use your gift card straight away, you will still need to start making payments on it.
To find out more, see our full guide to Afterpay.
Does Amazon have any buy now pay later services?
Yes, Amazon Australia does offer buy now pay later service Zip.
How to use Zip on Amazon Australia
Amazon Australia supports both Zip Money and Zip Pay.
Zip Pay offers interest-free credit for purchases of up to $1,500 while Zip Money offers credit for purchases of up to $3,000 with an interest-free period of six months.
To link your Zip account on Amazon Australia, you will need to:
- Select "Pay At Your Pace" under the payment method section of the checkout. Then click "Add your Zip account".
- Enter the mobile number associated with your Zip account. Click "Get verification code". Your code will be valid for five minutes.
- Enter the verification code. Click "Verify".
Once your account is successfully verified, Zip will be displayed as an available payment option whenever you go to checkout.
The type of Zip account (e.g. Zip Money or Zip Pay) will also be displayed, along with the available balance in your Zip account.
More ways to save at Amazon Australia
If you're looking to save on future purchases, you may want to consider signing up for an Amazon Prime membership.
Membership gets you a range of perks, including:
- Access to exclusive deals, discounts and sales events
- Free delivery on millions of eligible items
- Unlimited access to over 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading
- Unlimited access to movies and TV episodes with Prime Video
- Access to 2 million ad-free songs
- Free games and in-game loot
Amazon Prime membership also comes with a free trial period, after which it costs $6.99 per month.
Current Amazon Australia deals
- Amazon Prime Day Australia 2023: Full list of deals
- Everything you need to know about Amazon Prime
- Everything you need to know about Amazon Australia’s new Subscribe and Save service
- Everything you need to know about Amazon Australia’s Launchpad initiative
- Amazon Australia launches Amazon Prime with 2-day deliveries
Main image credit: Instagram user Amazon
More guides on Finder
Everything you need to know about Amazon Prime
Confused about the services that Amazon Prime offers? Check out our guide on everything you need to know about Amazon's speedy delivery service.
Everything you need to know about Amazon Australia’s new Subscribe and Save service
Find out how you can get repeat deliveries of your staple household products for less.
Everything you need to know about Amazon Australia’s Launchpad initiative
Sourcing the coolest new products has never been easier.
Amazon Australia launches Amazon Prime with 2-day deliveries
Amazon has launched Amazon Prime in Australia, promising 2-day delivery to up to 90% of Australians for $6.99 per month.
Amazon Australia scam emails doing the rounds again
Don't fall for these fake payment receipts.
Amazon Australia vs Amazon US vs Booktopia vs Book Depository: Who sells the cheapest books?
Has Amazon finally make book buying affordable in Australia?
ACCC to large retailers: Stop whining about Amazon
After years of crushing small businesses, Australia's big fish are complaining to the ACCC about Amazon's "unfair advantage."
Amazon results remind us that Australia’s a low priority
In big retail, down under is a small pond.
Amazon Australia is launching: it’s official
The ecommerce giant is rolling out Amazon Marketplace and looking for a warehouse.
Ask an Expert