20% off Alienware 25 gaming monitor
How to use Afterpay at Amazon Australia
Amazon doesn't yet support Afterpay, but you can still use it with this clever workaround.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
As the world's largest online retailer, Amazon is a go-to for all your shopping needs. If you're looking to split the cost of your purchases though, working out how to do so can be a little tricky.
To help you navigate buy now pay later on Amazon Australia, we've broken down the available options below.
Does Amazon accept Afterpay?
Amazon Australia does not accept Afterpay, though it does support buy now pay later through Zip. However, you are able to use Afterpay in another way.
- First, visit the Afterpay site. On the dedicated Amazon Australia page, you'll find the option to purchase an Amazon Australia gift card. You can choose a card with an amount ranging from $5 to $500 or you can purchase multiple cards. Your gift card will be sent to you via email shortly after you place an order.
- Head to Amazon Australia. You can now choose from millions of items sold on Amazon and add your desired items to cart.
- Check out using your gift card. Once you are ready to order, head to the checkout page and choose "Enter a gift card or promotional code" under the payment method. Enter your gift card number and check out as usual.
How do I pay off my Amazon Australia gift card with Afterpay?
Once you have purchased an Amazon gift card with Afterpay, the service will split the total cost of your order into four equal instalments.
These instalments are paid off in two-week intervals and are processed automatically. You will receive reminders via email or text before each payment is due.
As long as you pay the required amount on your scheduled day, Afterpay's service is completely interest-free.
Bear in mind it will be the gift card you're paying off with Afterpay, not your Amazon purchase. Even if you don't use your gift card straight away, you will still need to start making payments on it.
To find out more, see our full guide to Afterpay.
Does Amazon have any buy now pay later services?
Yes, Amazon Australia does offer buy now pay later service Zip.
How to use Zip on Amazon Australia
Amazon Australia supports both Zip Money and Zip Pay.
Zip Pay offers interest-free credit for purchases of up to $1,500 while Zip Money offers credit for purchases of up to $3,000 with an interest-free period of six months.
To link your Zip account on Amazon Australia, you will need to:
- Select "Pay At Your Pace" under the payment method section of the checkout. Then click "Add your Zip account".
- Enter the mobile number associated with your Zip account. Click "Get verification code". Your code will be valid for five minutes.
- Enter the verification code. Click "Verify".
Once your account is successfully verified, Zip will be displayed as an available payment option whenever you go to checkout.
The type of Zip account (e.g. Zip Money or Zip Pay) will also be displayed, along with the available balance in your Zip account.
More ways to save at Amazon Australia
If you're looking to save on future purchases, you may want to consider signing up for an Amazon Prime membership.
Membership gets you a range of perks, including:
- Access to exclusive deals, discounts and sales events
- Free delivery on millions of eligible items
- Unlimited access to over 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading
- Unlimited access to movies and TV episodes with Prime Video
- Access to 2 million ad-free songs
- Free games and in-game loot
Amazon Prime membership also comes with a free trial period, after which it costs $6.99 per month.
Current Amazon Australia deals
- Amazon Prime Day Australia: Best deals revealed – June 22, 2021
- How to save up to 40% off board games before Christmas
- Amazon’s deal of the day: Get Cotton On clothing from $9.59
- Select LEGO kits are up to 30% off including Star Wars, Marvel and DC sets
- Holy smoke, Amazon just slashed 92% off select beauty products
Main image credit: Instagram user Amazon
More guides on Finder
Where to buy advent calendars in Australia
Here are the best places to buy advent calendars in Australia for Christmas 2021.
Westpac Flex Card
This 0% interest credit card from Westpac offers a $1,000 limit and a flat monthly fee that can be waived – plus you can use it as soon as you’re approved.
Westpac’s no interest credit card: How does it compare to CommBank and NAB?
The Westpac Flex Card is coming soon, with no interest ever and a $10 monthly fee that's waived if you don't have an outstanding balance.
Google Pixel 6 has dropped: Here’s how to get $200 off
Google's next generation Pixel is available for pre-orders from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone.
What’s in Amazon Australia’s 2021 Beauty Advent Calendar?
Make the countdown to Christmas extra special with the Amazon 2021 Advent Calendar. It's packed with beauty and skincare products.
Citi Rewards Card – Purchase and Balance Transfer Offer
With 0% interest for 14 months on purchases and balance transfers, is this Citi Rewards Card offer right for you?
How to buy Bitcoin ETFs from Australia
Bitcoin ETFs are coming to market. Here's how you can invest in them.
Where to buy Squid Game costumes in Australia
Here are the best places to buy Squid Gam outfits online in Australia so you can dress up as your favourite character on Halloween.
Top Bitcoin exchanges
With 30+ platforms available to buy Bitcoin from in Australia, it can be overwhelming to choose. Our experts have compared exchanges so you don’t have to.
ASOS discount codes 2021 | Up to 50% off selected styles
Here you can find active ASOS codes of up to 80% off that can be used for discounts on your total order or for discounted shipping rates.
Ask an Expert