How to use Afterpay at Amazon Australia
Amazon doesn't yet support Afterpay, but you can still use it with this clever workaround.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
As the world's largest online retailer, Amazon is a go-to for all your shopping needs. If you're looking to split the cost of your purchases though, working out how to do so can be a little tricky.
To help you navigate buy now pay later on Amazon Australia, we've broken down the available options below.
Does Amazon accept Afterpay?
Amazon Australia does not accept Afterpay, though it does support buy now pay later through Zip. However, you are able to use Afterpay in another way.
- First, visit the Afterpay site. On the dedicated Amazon Australia page, you'll find the option to purchase an Amazon Australia gift card. You can choose a card with an amount ranging from $5 to $500 or you can purchase multiple cards. Your gift card will be sent to you via email shortly after you place an order.
- Head to Amazon Australia. You can now choose from millions of items sold on Amazon and add your desired items to cart.
- Check out using your gift card. Once you are ready to order, head to the checkout page and choose "Enter a gift card or promotional code" under the payment method. Enter your gift card number and check out as usual.
How do I pay off my Amazon Australia gift card with Afterpay?
Once you have purchased an Amazon gift card with Afterpay, the service will split the total cost of your order into four equal instalments.
These instalments are paid off in two-week intervals and are processed automatically. You will receive reminders via email or text before each payment is due.
As long as you pay the required amount on your scheduled day, Afterpay's service is completely interest-free.
Bear in mind it will be the gift card you're paying off with Afterpay, not your Amazon purchase. Even if you don't use your gift card straight away, you will still need to start making payments on it.
To find out more, see our full guide to Afterpay.
Does Amazon have any buy now pay later services?
Yes, Amazon Australia does offer buy now pay later service Zip.
How to use Zip on Amazon Australia
Amazon Australia supports both Zip Money and Zip Pay.
Zip Pay offers interest-free credit for purchases of up to $1,500 while Zip Money offers credit for purchases of up to $3,000 with an interest-free period of six months.
To link your Zip account on Amazon Australia, you will need to:
- Select "Pay At Your Pace" under the payment method section of the checkout. Then click "Add your Zip account".
- Enter the mobile number associated with your Zip account. Click "Get verification code". Your code will be valid for five minutes.
- Enter the verification code. Click "Verify".
Once your account is successfully verified, Zip will be displayed as an available payment option whenever you go to checkout.
The type of Zip account (e.g. Zip Money or Zip Pay) will also be displayed, along with the available balance in your Zip account.
More ways to save at Amazon Australia
If you're looking to save on future purchases, you may want to consider signing up for an Amazon Prime membership.
Membership gets you a range of perks, including:
- Access to exclusive deals, discounts and sales events
- Free delivery on millions of eligible items
- Unlimited access to over 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading
- Unlimited access to movies and TV episodes with Prime Video
- Access to 2 million ad-free songs
- Free games and in-game loot
Amazon Prime membership also comes with a free trial period, after which it costs $6.99 per month.
Current Amazon Australia deals
Main image credit: Instagram user Amazon
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 6 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off 4K TVs, $200 off Dyson vacuum cleaners, win $10,000 with Optus.
Amazon Prime Day Show: How to score exclusive Billie Eilish merch
Here's how you can watch the Prime Day Show, and get your hands on Amazon-exclusive Billie Eilish merch.
RelayPay cryptocurrency card and app
FInd out about how RelayPay works, what cryptos and fiat currencies it supports, the fees for using it and safety information.
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Personal Loan
When you have a large expense that your savings can’t cover, a personal loan at a fixed rate from Great Southern Bank is an option worth considering. With no fees and a competitive fixed interest rate, this could be the right loan for you.
Amazon buys MGM: What big hits will Netflix, Stan and Foxtel lose?
Amazon Prime Video will be the new home of MGM content after a US$8.45 billion acquisition, so how will this change Australian streaming TV?
Best dungeon crawler board games in Australia
These are the seven best dungeon crawler board games you can buy right now in Australia.
Best zombie board games in Australia
From the best one for families to the top model for role playing, these are the six best zombie board games you can purchase right now in Australia.
Best espresso machines in Australia
These are the 6 best espresso machines across a range of categories you can buy in Australia right now.
Best family card games in Australia
These are the 9 best family card games you can purchase right now in Australia.
Best 2-player card games in Australia
We’ve found the 6 best 2-player card games you can get right now in Australia.
Ask an Expert