The best sites similar to Quickflix for streaming TV shows and movies.
With the growing popularity of video streaming and on-demand entertainment services, what alternatives do Australians have to Quickflix. We compare the key players and provide you with an overview of your options.
Services like Quickflix
Netflix is a popular streaming service available in the US, UK and now Australia. It offers users access to an enormous library of digital content including the latest movies and TV shows for a monthly subscription fee.
- Prices start from $9.99 a month
- A variety of plans available to suit your needs: single-stream definition, two-stream definition, four-stream 4K ultra high definition
- You can watch your favourite movies and TV shows on multiple devices.
- Gift cards are available for purchase
Stan provides Australians a comparable alternative to the Quickflix streaming service. It offers thousands of hours of entertainment with access to the latest blockbuster movies, award-winning TV shows and kids’ content. Keep up to date with your favourite movies and TV shows such as Breaking Bad, The Good Wife, Dexter, The Office and Community.
- Streaming package is $10 a month. Includes access to both movies and TV shows.
- Stream content on up to three screens at a time
- No ads and no lock-in contracts
Foxtel is best known for its pay TV service, which includes live programs and channels. It now offers viewers even more entertainment with Foxtel Now. Take your TV with you on your compatible web-enabled devices and watch on the go.
- No lock-in contract
- Customise and build your own package with the content you want to watch
- Access channels such as Fox News, Fox Sports, National Geographic, MTV and Nickelodeon
iTunes organises your movies and TV shows in one place and allows you to shop for new ones via the iTunes Store. Never miss a beat with over 85,000 movies and more than 300,000 TV shows to choose from.
- Enjoy bonus content such as deleted and alternate scenes, cast and crew interviews or behind-the-scenes footage with iTunes Extras.
- Option to buy or rent movies and TV shows.
- You can purchase a Season Pass for TV shows, which allows you to prepay for a full season and download each episode as they become available.
- Family Sharing allows you to share your iTunes purchases with up to six people so everyone in the family can enjoy the songs, movies and TV shows you buy.
- iTunes contents can be accessed via Mac, PC, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV.
Which Internet TV service provides the highest streaming quality?
Currently, Netflix and Stan both offer high-definition (HD) streaming. Netflix offers HD and Ultra HD streaming for a number of titles as part of its subscription package selections.
For both Stan and Netflix, availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities, and not all content is available in HD. An internet speed of at least 5.0 megabits per second is recommended to stream 720p and 7.5 megabits per second for HD 1080p content. Netflix users are recommended an Internet speed of at least 25 megabits per second to stream Ultra HD content on compatible TVs.
Which Internet TV service has a similar price to Quickflix?
Netflix is offering users one of the cheapest package deals for internet streaming TV with subscriptions starting at only $8.99 per month. However, this package will only stream content in standard definition and is limited to one device. On the other hand, Stan offers unlimited access to its full library of TV and movies for only $10 a month, with the subscription extending to up to six different devices.
Presto also has packages starting from $9.99 a month, however these packages are limited to either only TV shows or only movies. It also offers unlimited access to both TV and movies for a monthly subscription fee of $14.99.
Netflix, Stan and Presto currently offer similar content to Quickflix with a wide variety of TV shows, movies and documentaries ready to stream.
Check out our comparison below:
|Services||Key content||More info|
|Netflix||Marco Polo, Bojack Horseman, Bloodline, Virunga, Mission Blue, Uganda Be Kidding Me||More info|
|Stan||Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, Mozart in the Jungle, Transparent, Community||More info|
- Electric Dreams Episode Five “Real Life” review
- Where to watch the Big Bash League Online
- Get your first look at Godless, a Netflix series from the director of Ocean’s Eleven and Erin Brockovich
- Where to watch The Platinum Life online in Australia
- Mr Robot Season 3, Episode 1 “power-saver-mode.h” review