Finder app – all your bills in one place
How it all started
Let's cast our minds back to February 2020 (yes, we're talking about life before COVID-19). A small team here in Finder HQ launched the first version of the Finder app. It was a simple promise – all your money in one place. All you had to do was connect your bank accounts, and you got a Dashboard with a list of all your bank accounts, loans, investments and bills in one place.
Fast forward a year and a few months, and we've released a whole suite of new features: credit score, spend analytics, savings insights, chance of approval and even crypto trading.
During that time, we've received a lot of feedback about bills. The previous version simply listed all of the bills that we detected from your transactions, and that's pretty much it. It wasn't useful to track the rhythm of your regular bills day-to-day. There were a few key threads in the feedback: easier detection and a faster way to track bills day-to-day so you never miss a payment or pay overdue fees.
And that's exactly what we set out to do.
Introducing a new way to track your bills in the Finder app
Today we've launched a new version of the bills feature that includes:
- Calendar view of bills for a monthly snapshot of when your upcoming bills are due
- List view of bills so you can see exactly what you're paying for
- Edit your bills to correct any mistakes with the bill's details, such as the frequency, category and name
- Ability to skip bills, mark bills as paid or delete them so everything stays up to date. Simply swipe left or right on a bill to see these options or tap on a bill to do this in the edit screen
- Notifications about upcoming bills and missed bills, so you never miss a payment or pay overdue fees
We'll be honest though, it's not perfect yet
One of the fundamental changes to the bills feature is how we detect your bills. A machine learning model now powers the detection of bills from your transactions. You'll see this in action when you first use bills, and you're asked to swipe left and right to confirm your bills.
And to be completely transparent, it's still early days for us, and the model is not perfect yet – it's in beta. What this means is that you may see some "rogue" bills – ones with incorrect names, incorrect categories and so on. While we're in beta, our focus is to learn from your feedback and improve the experience as best we can.
To help us improve, you can leave feedback by tapping on the BETA tag above the calendar or by swiping left to right with two fingers anywhere in the app.
If you haven't seen the new bills feature yet…
- Ensure you're on the latest version of the Finder app (4.3.0 or above) to access the feature.
- Connect your accounts from which you pay your bills.
- If you don't want to connect your accounts, you can still add and track your bills manually.
- You'll notice a new section underneath the cards on the dashboard where you can see your upcoming bills at a glance.
At the end of the day
We're excited to launch the new bills feature, and we really believe it is another step towards our promise of letting members like you manage all your money in one place.
Love, The Finder App team.
Want to take control of your money? The Finder app can help.
A million ways to save, all in your pocket. See your money, investments, credit score & super in one place.
- Free credit score. We'll update your credit score automatically every month for free.
- Track your money. We'll automatically categorise all your savings so you can see where your money's really going.
- Personalised insights. We'll hunt down ways for you to save cash and give you personalised insights.
- Compare products easier. From energy providers to mobile plans, our app makes it even easier for you to compare products across 100+ categories.